Chapter 37

The day they had all been dreading had finally come around; in a big brown envelope. Betty was in the bar when the mail came and in that pile a brown envelope with her name on it. Opening it she scanned over the words before dropping it, her face pale and breathing erratic. "Betty? You okay?" Sweetpea said coming over to her, his hands quickly moving to catch her as she stumbled backwards. "Woah hey. Betty ?" Sweetpea said, panicking, fangs rushing to get jughead. Sweetpea guided Betty into a booth where she sat trying to calm her breathing. "Betty!" Jughead yelled rushing over and holding her hands, crouching in front of her. "I'm here baby, breathe Betts you're doing so well" he said. When she was finally calm she handed jughead the letter. "What is it?" Fangs asked. "Betty's trail date, it's in two days" jughead sighed, letting Betty cry into his chest. "Shh baby, I'm right here, focus on my heart beat" he comforted. "Shit, that's all the warning they give you?" Sweetpea asked. "We'll figure it out babe" jug whispered to Betty, kissing the top of her head.

They figured it out that night; Betty and jughead will be going to New York for the trial, fangs and sweetpea accompanying them while FP and Toni stay at the Wyrm and help run it while they're gone. So when the time rolled around to leave, they said goodbye to the serpents and got in jugheads truck. Betty was in the passenger seat, jughead driving and fangs and sweetpea in the back. They arrived in New York a while later and checked into a hotel. Their rooms were connected so they all hung out in Betty's and jugheads. "I'm hungry" Betty moaned. "Shall we order room service?" Jug asked. "No, I want proper New York pizza" Betty said and rolled over in bed. She was already in her pyjamas and had gotten into bed as soon as they'd got there. "Okay me and sweets will go and get pizza and you and fangs can stay here" Jug said and kissed Betty softly before they left.

When jughead and sweetpea came back they found Betty sat up in the bed, fangs next to her, both hysterically laughing over something on Betty's phone. "What's so funny?" Sweetpea asked amused. "Betts here has discovered a new Snapchat filter that photoshopped squirts face onto hers" fangs grinned while Betty couldn't stop laughing. "You're both weirdos" jughead laughed; loving that Betty was laughing, he hadn't seen her like this in a while. After Betty had stopped laughing they all sat and ate the pizza while watching TV. "Oh my god this is so good" Betty moaned. "Is this a new pregnancy craving? Because I'm totally okay with that" Jug laughed. "So what shall we do after this?" Fangs asked. "Maybe we could watch a movie? I'm pretty tired" Betty suggested. "Sure!" Everyone agreed.

Half an hour into the movie the boys looked down to find Betty softly snoring. "We'll go back to our room and let you guys rest" Sweetpea said, and after saying goodbye fangs and sweetpea left. Jughead gently moved Betty so she was laying down in the bed, before getting in next to her, pulling the covers over them and holding her close, feeling their baby kick. He took in a moment to enjoy the calmness he felt because he knew the next few days will be anything but calm...

{ hey guys! I have major writers block! Leave suggestions down below 💗}