Chapter 45

When jughead got home that evening he let himself into the apartment to find his dad lounging on the couch watching a movie. "Dad? Hey, where's betts?" Jug asked, taking off his jacket. "Hey son, she's asleep, has been for a few hours but I thought I'd stay until you got back in case she needed anything" FP said. "Thanks dad, I appreciate it" Jug said sitting on the couch, next to his dad. "How was she today?" Jughead asked. "She was good, she brought round breakfast today... and I already told her off for walking around on her own" FP said as jughead was about to interrupt. "And then we went shopping and came back here" He said. "I'm glad she has you after the whole Hal situation" Jug sighed. "That girl is my daughter Jug, I'm happy to spend time with her" FP said as Jug smiled.

After spending a while longer chatting, FP left and jughead went to check on Betty who was snuggled into her pregnancy pillow. He smiled and kissed her cheek before going to have a shower. When he was done he put on some boxers and climbed into bed, hauling Betty to his chest and kissing her temple. Betty turned and abandoned her pregnancy pillow and cuddled into his chest. "Hi juggie" she mumbled. "Hey gorgeous" he smiled and kissed her head. "When did you get back?" She asked sleepily. "Not long ago" he said, pulling back slightly to look at her. "Did you and dad have a good time?" He asked and she nodded, her eyes closing again. "I did but I'm exhausted" she grumbled. "Go back to sleep then baby, I love you" he said. "Mmm love you too" she said and fell back asleep.

When jughead woke back up again It was because Betty was tossing and turning in his arms. "Betts? You okay?" He said but she didn't answer just groaned. She had a layer of sweat covering her and she looked pale, instantly snapping jughead awake; she was sick. "Baby? Can you wake up a second?" He asked gently shaking her. "Mmm what?" She mumbled. "Baby, are you sick?" He asked and she nodded. "Okay. We need to take you too the doctors" he said, trying to get out of bed but her arm pulled him back and he looked back to see her sitting up. "Jug, I'm okay I have a cold" she smiled and he realised he was over reacting slightly. "Are you sure? What about the baby?" He asked. "Babe, it's a cold, and yes it sucks but I'm fine and If I start feeling worse we can go see a doctor okay?" She suggested and he nodded. "Okay" he sighed and sat back down and she snuggled back into him.

That day was spent in bed for Betty with jughead coming to check on her every hour while he was working or him sat next to her in bed while working on his laptop. "Honey? Do you need anything?" He yelled from the kitchen. "Can I have some water please? Oh! And another box of tissues?" She asked, sniffing. "Of course!". He came back into the bedroom with a tray in his hand. He had the water and tissues as well as some soup. "Thank you juggie" she smiled as he placed the tray on her lap. "Your welcome, you need to eat the soup baby. It will do you good" he said as she picked up the spoon and started to eat. "This is so good juggie!" She said appreciatively. "Thank you, it took me ages... I had to open the can and everything" he teased and she laughed and smacked his arm playfully. "Juggie! I thought you made this" she giggled, which turned into a coughing fit, and jug rubbed her back while she took a sip of water. "Well thank you for thinking highly of my cooking skills but unfortunately I'll have to leave the cooking down to you" he smirked and kissed her lips. "Juggie no! You'll get sick!" She exclaimed, pulling away but he pulled her back and kissed her again. "Totally worth it" he grinned.