Chapter 6

"Hello jughead, FP". Jugheads mom said. "What the Hell are you doing here Gladys?" FP sneered. "I wanted to see my family!" Gladys fired back. "Oh So now you remember us?! Jellybean why didn't you tell us she was coming?!" Jughead said, looking at his sister. "She made me not tell you" jellybean said, looking at her feet. "You need to leave!" Jug said. Betty saw the anger radiating off her husband and slipped her hand in his and squeezed. He squeezed back. "I'll be staying in a hotel when jellybean, I'll pick her up later and then we'll all talk" Gladys said before sauntering out of the bar. All the serpents stood there in shock. Betty decided to break the awkward silence by going up to jellybean and hugging her. "It's so nice to finally meet you!" Betty smiled. "Thank you and you" jellybean said, returning the hug. This seemed to snap jughead and FP out of it and they all greeted jellybean. "Let's take this up to the apartment" jughead said and they all went upstairs.

"Why didn't you say your mother was coming?" FP asked sitting next to his daughter and throwing his arm around her. "She made me not tell you, I didn't think it would be that big of a deal she said she wanted to see you" jellybean said. "It's okay, We'll deal with it" jughead said. "And we have an announcement... we're having a baby!" Jug grinned, placing a hand over Betty's small belly. "Oh my god!" Jellybean squealed standing up and hugging both jughead and Betty. "I'm so happy For you guys! I'm going to be an aunt!" She grinned. She embraced her brother once again and Betty watched the interaction with a smile on her face.

After a while day of catching up they were down in the bar waiting for Gladys to pick up jellybean. When she came back she sat at their table. "And who's this?" Gladys said looking over at Betty. Jughead laced their fingers together under the table. "My wife. Betty" Jug said. "Wife?!" Gladys asked. "Yes" Jug said. "And you didn't tell me?!" Gladys asked in disbelief. "You're not exactly mother of the year" FP snipped. "Not only is she my wife but also the mother of my child" jughead said smugly. "You knocked her up as well?" Gladys said. FP and jughead stood up in anger. "Watch it" jughead warned. "I.. I'm just going to go to the bathroom" Betty said awkwardly and excused herself. "You don't come in and disrespect my wife like that! You lost the right to care when you left!" Jug yelled. "Im going to the bathroom and then I'll leave" Gladys said. She went into the bathroom, the others forgetting that's where betty had gone moments before.

Betty was leaning against the sink trying to calm down. "So you're my sons slut" Gladys said. "Excuse me?" Betty said, shocked by the audacity of the woman. "You heard me. You're useless, I've seen the scars on your hands, you're pathetic, and you think you can be a good mother?!" The woman laughed. Tears sprung to Betty's eyes, she already had doubts and this woman was throwing them back in her face. Suddenly Toni burst through the bathroom doors. "I heard everything now get out!" She screamed. While Toni was talking to Gladys Betty snuck out of the toilets and through the back doors before ringing Kevin to pick her up.

Jughead was pulled out of his conversation with jellybean and FP by Toni dragging Gladys out of the bathroom. "What happened?!" Jellybean asked. "She called Betty your slut and that she's pathetic because she self harms and she's not capable of being a mother!" Toni said enraged. "Who the hell are you to say that?!" Sweetpea said, fangs and others coming up behind him, protective of Betty. "Get the fuck out" jug said trying to keep his anger in check. "No i don't want to go I'm stayin~" But Gladys was cut off by jughead. "Get. Out. NOW!" He screamed and his mother grabbed jellybean and walked to the door. "I'll be back tomorrow dad" jellybean said before following her mother. When they left jughead looked around, noticing one thing.

"Where's Betty?"