Chapter 62

"Elizabeth Jones I swear to god! Jughead will kill me if he saw this!" Fangs yelled as he watched Betty trying to move a Christmas tree in the bar. "I don't want it there! I want it over here!" She huffed. "Okay! But let me do it" fangs said as he took over and moved the tree. "Stop! It's perfect leave it" Betty clapped excitedly and then she went to grab a box of decorations to decorate with. "BETTY! NO LIFTING!" Fangs yelled after her.

When jughead, FP, Toni and sweetpea walked into the bar they saw fangs slumped in a chair looking tired and miserable while Betty was stood in front of a newly decorated Christmas tree. "Oh thank god! You're back!" Fangs jumped up when he spotted them. "What's up?" Jug asked curiously, noting the look on fangs's face. "Your wife is a piece of work" fangs said. "I turn my back for a minute and she's trying to move the tree across the bar! Then... she try's to carry all the boxes of ornaments no matter how many times I told her to sit down" he sighed. "Betts? Is that true?" Jughead said. "No..." she said, but looked at her feet. "Baby..." he sighed walking up her to her and placing his hands on her hips. "You know you have to take it easy" he said. "I know but..." she started but was cut off by jughead. "No buts. I don't want anything to hurt you or our bug okay?" He said. "Okay" she sighed. He leaned in to kiss her but she dodged him and walked over to a booth and sat down. "Betts?" He asked after her but she didn't respond. "What did I go wrong?" He said looking at the others. "I don't know son" FP said.

Throughout the day jugehad tried to talk to betty but she just ignored him or hardly answered him. Dinner came around and the serpents were all sitting down as Betty came down the stairs. She took her usual seat next to jughead but didn't speak and hardly looked up the whole time. "You okay Betty?" Sweetpea said. She just nodded. Dinner continued with Betty still not talking and everyone else trying to see if she's okay. "I'm going to get more pasta" Betty said quietly and stood up. "I can do it" Jug said, taking the plate from her hand but she wouldn't let go. "I SAID I CAN DO IT JUGHEAD!" She shouted and the plate fell to the Floor and shattered everywhere. The room fell silent as everyone just stared at the couple. "I..sorry" Betty said, tears falling down her face as she rushed upstairs.

Jughead wasted no time in following her and when they got into the apartment she burst into tears. "Betty? Talk to me? What's going on?" He said as he carefully approached her. "I..I.." she said but her breathing was too fast for her to talk. "Baby. Take a deep breath, I've got you. It's okay" he said as she coached her through her breathing then sat her on the Couch. "Betts? What's wrong?" He said. "I'm so sorry" she sniffed. "For what?" He said. "I don't like making you mad" she said, not looking at him. "Mad? Baby, I'm not mad at you" he said moving her face to look at her. "I keep lifting things and not resting and... and you don't like it and I don't like everyone being mad at me" she said with tears falling. "Oh honey... I'm not mad. I know it's hard to try and follow all the rules of bedrest but you have to so that you and our baby boy can stay healthy" he said, wiping her tears away with his thumbs. "I'm sorry" she said again. "It's okay baby! I'm not mad" he smiled. "Nobody is angry with and I'm so sorry if anyone made you feel like that but I promise you I'm not" he said. "Okay.. sorry it's probably just my hormones" she sighed and he pulled her into his side and kissed her head. "You don't have to apologise for anything sweetheart. I love you" he said. "I love you too" she sighed and melted into his side. After a while of holding each other Betty broke the silence. "Can we go to sleep?" She asked. "Yeah, come on sleepy head" he smiled and carried her to bed.