Chapter 69

"How did you come up with the name?" FP asked as Jughead handed him Noah. "Well..." Jughead started as she sat back down next to Betty. "Noah was our favourite name for a boy... and then Charles because that was Chics full name and we thought it would be perfect to honour Betty's brother" Jughead beamed and kissed Betty's head when he saw a tear fall down her face. "I love the name" fangs smiled. After everyone had held Noah, the new parents were once again left on their own. "How you doing honey?" Jug asked. "Tired... a bit overwhelmed but really happy" she smiled. Just then a nurse came in. "Shall we try to feed Noah?" She asked with a smile and Jughead placed Noah on Betty's chest as she pulled her gown down. "Okay you might need to guide him a little..." the nurse said as Betty helped Noah find her breast and nipple. "Perfect! You're a natural!" The nurse beamed as Noah started sucking away happily. "Of course she is" Jug grinned. "I'll leave you guys too it... let me know if you need anything" the nurse said sweetly as she left the room. "He has blue eyes Juggie. Like you!" Betty said happily. "Yeah... and he has your beautiful blonde hair" jug said, stroking Noah's head. "He's so perfect" Betty said; she hated that word but she'd never meant anything more.

"Juggie?" Betty said sleepily as she held Noah as he slept. "Yes baby?" Jug said. "Would you mind if I have a nap I'm exhausted" she yawned. "Of course baby" he said taking Noah and placing him in the cot on wheels. "You get some rest Betts, you did a lot of work to let our baby boy into the world" he smiled as he pulled the covers over her and placed a soft kiss on her lips. "Love you Juggie" she said as she drifted off to sleep. "I love you too Betts" he said as he stroked the hair off her face. He got up off the bed and made sure Noah was okay and pulled a blanket over him as well, before sitting down in between both Betty and Noah and wondering what he did to get so lucky.

"Juggie?" Betty's Voice cut through the quiet of the hospital room. "Hey you" he smiled, sitting on the edge of her bed and holding her hand. "How you feeling?" He asked. "Sore" she whined. "I'm sorry baby, can I get you anything?" He asked and she shook her head. "I'm okay, how's Noah?" She asked with a smile on her face. "He's good, the nurses checked on him and he's fine and they gave him an injection which I didn't like but he's sleeping" Jug informed her. "Do you think he'll be okay if I have a bath?" She asked, unsure and Pointed to the bathroom which was attached to the Room. "Well actually dads on his way to spend some time with his grandson so I'll run your bath and you can get in when he gets here" Jug said.

When FP arrived he hugged Betty and Jughead and once again congratulated them on Noah. "He's beautiful guys, thanks for making me a grandpa" he said as tears welled up in his eyes. "Thank you for everything you've done for me FP" Betty said, hugging her father in law. "Thank you Betty. The best thing was you walking into Jugheads life and changing all of ours" FP smiled. "You're baths ready baby" jug called from the bathroom and with a kiss to Noah's head she went over to Jughead. "Can you help me?" She asked jug. "Of course, I wasn't planning on leaving you. You've just given birth, you're bound to be in pain" he said as he helped her undress from her hospital gown. "Thanks Juggie" she smiled as she helped her into the bath. He helped her wash and wash her hair. The water had turned a muddy brown with the blood that had washed off her. "Ew this is gross" Betty groaned as Jughead helped her out. "Don't worry about it honey, you bled so it's bound to happen" he assured her when he dried her off in a towel. "Still gross... I can't wait for a proper shower" she said. "We should be home by tomorrow night and then you can have a nice shower" he smiled. "Now. The nurse said you don't have to put your hospital gown on you can put your pyjamas on so I got the ones you packed in the hospital bag" he said. "And my dressing gown?" She asked excitedly. "Yes and your dressing gown" he chuckled. Once she was dressed and clean and jug had helped to dry and brush her hair, he also got changed into some clean sweats. "Before we go back out there Betts I just wanted to tell you how proud I am of you... you amaze me everyday and the fact for 9 months... almost... you carried our son and you were so strong through all of it and I can't thank you enough for everything... I love you Betty" he said. "Juggie... you've been my rock through everything... I love you so so so much and I never imagined I could ever be this happy" she beamed up and him, tears in both of their eyes. He wrapped her up in his arms, now she didn't have as big as a bump they could get closer. They pulled apart and kissed with all the passion they could. "Ready to get back to our son?" He asked with a smile. "Always" she said, lacing their fingers together.