Chapter 17

When Betty woke up the next morning, she awoke to an empty bed. She smiled and stretched, enjoying the peace and the comfort that came with the small cabin. She looked around and couldn't see jughead so she got up, shrugged on her pyjama shorts and jugheads jumper and headed into the kitchen. When Betty got there she saw a note with jugheads handwriting:

Morning betts,

I'm out on the porch, the kettles boiled if you want tea.

Love you!
Jug xox

She smiled to herself and made some tea before going to join her husband. Jughead was sat on the steps leading up to the cabin with a coffee in his hand and reading a book. He looked up and beamed at her when he spotted her. "Good morning gorgeous" he said as she sat down and cuddled into his side, his arm coming around her. "Good morning" she smiled. "Did you have a good sleep?" He asked. "The best" she sighed happily. "How's bug today?" He smiled as his hand caressed her bump. "They're good, how long have you been out here?" She asked. "Not long, I didn't want to wake you" he said and kissed her head.

After a while of sitting and drinking they made their way inside and Betty made them pancakes. "I was thinking we could explore later, they have a waterfall at the end of a trail?" He said as she handed him the plate of pancakes and they sat down to eat. "That sounds amazing!" She agreed. So when they had finished eating they got dressed and ready for the day. "Babe, you haven't done your coat up" jug pointed out as they left. "Sorry dad" she teased and he did her coat up and placed a kiss on her lips. "Just getting in some practice" he laughed and laced their fingers together. The trail they took wasn't long but it was beautiful, both Betty and jughead were snapping pictures of the other. Jughead was ahead of Betty when he heard her giggling behind him. "What?" He asked amused. "Check my Instagram" she grinned and he pulled out his phone to See that Betty has posted all the pictures she'd just took of him. "You're lucky I love you Mrs Jones" he smirked and reached for her hand again. "I love you too mr Jones" she said.

When they got to the waterfall they were both in awe. "This is amazing" jug said as he snapped pictures. "It's so beautiful" Betty whispered looking around. Jughead came up behind Betty and placed his hands over her bump and she leant back into him. "Thank you for bringing me here" she said. "You're welcome, it's cool right?" He said and she nodded. "I don't just mean the waterfall, I mean this trip" she said. "I was losing myself a bit and I didn't realise how much I needed a break" she said, turning in his arms and looking up at him. "I've always got you baby, I'm here for you whenever you need me" he said softly and she grabbed his jacket and pulled him into a kiss.

That evening after snuggling in front of the fire and after some dinner they had a shower and got under the fluffy sheets. Betty was asleep within minutes, curled up into jugheads side, her arms around his torso. Jughead smiled down at her and gently stroked the hair from her face. He took this time to go through all the photos he took on his phone that day. He grinned when he came across a photo he took of Betty; her silhouette, standing to the side, so you can see her bump and the waterfall in the background. Instantly, he posted the picture onto his own Instagram account, tagged Betty and added the caption:

My world, my family.