Chapter 11

Betty didn't reply she just burst into tears. "Baby. Did you hurt yourself?" He asked again, Calmly. She just nodded. "Oh betty" he sighed and pulled her into his lap. "Why baby?" He said as he gently rocked her in his arms. "I don't know, I was just thinking dark thoughts" she admitted. "Betts, why didn't you tell me?" He said. "I thought I could handle it" she sniffed. "Betts? You normally tell me" he said, looking at her. She sighed. "You were so happy, about the baby.. and I am too.. it's just I didn't want to be that person to ruin that" she said, tears still falling. "Baby. I don't care how happy I am, I always want you to be happy" he said. "Please always tell Me" he pleaded. "This" he said pointing to her hands. "Isn't healthy for the baby" he said. "I'm sorry" she said and the sobs wracked her body again. "Shh, don't apologise" he said, rubbing his hand on her back. "Come on, let's go upstairs" he said and helped her up. The rest of the serpents were watching, their heart breaking for Betty.

When Betty was asleep jughead went down to the bar. "How is she?" FP asked. "Not good. I can't believe I didn't see it. All the signs were there again I just didn't see it" Jug sighed. "None Of us did, but her behaviour was weird Lately" Toni said. "We need to make sure she's staying healthy" FP said. "She's pregnant now, it's even worse than last time if she hurts herself" FP added. "We'll all watch out for her" Sweetpea said. "Has She said anymore?" Fangs asked. "No, just that she was hurting herself and she had dark thoughts" Jug said, willing himself not to cry. "Maybe She should start going to therapy again?" Toni suggested. "I agree, I'll talk to her" Jug said. They spoke for a while longer until jughead said goodbye and went back upstairs. He found Betty sat up in bed, reading a book. "Hey gorgeous" he smiled and sat next to her. "Hello" she said. "Betts, I think you should maybe go back to your therapist" Jug said, carefully to make sure she didn't feel uncomfortable. "You do?" She said, putting her book down and leaning her head on his shoulder. "Yeah, I don't want to see you go through all that again, especially with bug" he said placing one arm around her and the other on her small bump. "Okay. Okay yeah I'll go back" she said. "I'm proud of you baby, it takes a lot of courage" he smiled and kissed her head. "Can we just cuddle, for a while?" She asked. "Of course we can" he said, wrapping both arms around her and pulling her to lay down. "Thank you juggie" she said, turning to look at him. "For what?" He questioned. "Keeping me grounded" she said. "I don't think I'd still be here if it wasn't for you" she said and his heart shattered at the honesty in her statement. He didn't say anything, he just squeezed her closer and peppered kisses all over her face. "I love you" he whispered. "I love you too" she said.