Chapter 44

The next two months went by quickly with jughead and Betty getting everything sorted for their baby's arrival. On one particular morning jughead came up to the apartment to find Betty sat at the table reading a baby book. "Hey gorgeous" he smiled and leant down to peck her lips. "Hey" she smiled. "What you reading?" He asked, standing behind her and rubbing her shoulders. "Just breastfeeding and stuff" she said, flicking through the pages. "Anything interesting?" He asked. "Not really, though I don't want to use a breast pump! It looks terrifying" she exclaimed and jughead burst out laughing. "I'm glad you find it funny" she teased. "Sorry Babe" he grinned and moved to make some coffee. "We only have three months left can you believe it?" Betty said, rubbing her bump which had grown bigger. "It's crazy. I was thinking we could start thinking about the hospital bag because you never know when bug might make an appearance" Jug said. "I agree" she said, struggling to stand up and jug chuckled and helped her up. "It's not funny! I'm huge!" She huffed. "You're beautiful." He said, looking at her while she busied herself with something in the kitchen; when did he get so lucky.

Later that day betty was sat at the dinner table with all the serpents, they were talking about an upcoming business deal. "So we have a new supplier for the bar that we have a meeting with about stock intake" Sweetpea said. "I know, when is it?" Jughead asked. "Tomorrow" fangs said. "Oh, I forgot" Jug said, looking at Betty. Betty turned to him and smiled, taking his hand. "I know what you're thinking, I'll be okay" she said. "It's only one day" Toni added. "You're right Okay, We'll Leave first thing" Jug said. "Oh by the way, my dad isn't coming so you can spend the day with him if you like?" Jug said and Betty nodded. "I'd love to" she smiled.

The next morning Betty was up when jughead left at 8am, she handed him a lunch bag with food in and after a few kissed he left with the promise to call later on. She made breakfast and then realised that she said she would hang with FP so she packed it up and walked to FPs trailer. When she got to Sunnyside she saw a few serpents and waved and they all rushed over to say hello. After knocking on FP's trailer she waited for him to answer. "Betty!" He smiled. "what do I owe this pleasure?" He asked, moving aside to let her in. "Everyone's gone out of town for business and I didn't want to be alone so here I am" she smiled, taking out the breakfast and placing it on the table. "And I have breakfast" she added. "Thanks darling, I'd love to spend the day with you" he said and kissed her head as he sat down. "Did you walk all the way here by yourself?" He said. "Yeah" she smiled sheepishly. "Darling... you should've called me. Jug will kill me if he knew you were by yourself" he sighed. "I know... I'll call you next time" she said and he smiled.

They spent the day shopping for new baby bits; FP wanted to spoil his grandson. "Are you nervous?" He asked when they got back to betty and jugheads apartment. "Very" She said as they sat around the table. "You're a warrior darling, I've never met anyone stronger than you! You'll be amazing" he said and she blushed. "Thank you" she said softly. "As long as juggies with me I'll be okay" she smiled. "You are the best thing to happen to my boy... and too the serpents" FP said, looking at his daughter in law With love and admiration in his eyes. "Meeting the serpents was the best thing to happen to me too" she said.