Chapter 31

{ thanks for all the lovely messages! Here's another chapter because you're all so amazing!💗}

The next morning both jughead and Betty were woken up by the twins bouncing up and down on the bed. "Wakey wakey" they screamed excitedly. "Mmm it's early" Betty mumbled earning a chuckle from jughead. "You better get used to it" he grinned. "You rest for a little longer and I'll take these munchkins to have breakfast" Jug said and kissed her head before picking up the twins and taking them out the bedroom. Betty smiled to herself as she heard the twins laughter fill the apartment.

When she finally got out of bed she pulled on her dressing gown and padded into the kitchen. The sight in front of her made her heart melt. Jughead had seated the twins on the counter while he made pancakes. Juniper spotted her. "Auntie Betty! Uncle juggies making pancakes!" She said excitedly. "Oh really?" Betty smirked and walked over to her husband. She laughed when she saw jughead making shapes with the pancakes; a heart, a teddy, a star, a smiley face and a J and a D for the twins. "Wow juggie I didn't know you cooked" she teased and he stuck his tongue out at her and smacked her bum lightly. "Come on guys let's sit at the table" Betty said and helped the twins down off the table. When jughead dished up the breakfast he added cream and strawberries. He placed two plates in front of the twins and then one in front of Betty. She looked down and a smile graced her lips; he'd made her a heart pancake. "For my love" he said and kissed her softly, ignoring the "eww" from Dagwood. They all sat and ate their breakfast together while deciding what to do that day.

Eventually they decided to take the twins to the park for a bit to let them run around and then when they came back they could play with their toys and watch a movie. It was quite a challenge to get two 3 year olds dressed while on a pancake and sugar High but eventually they made it to the park. "Okay Guys me and Auntie Betty are going to sit on this bench, don't go where we can't see you and if you need us give us a shout" jughead said and they nodded and ran off. Jughead pulled Betty into his side as they watched the twins Play in the sand pit. "I can't wait for this to be our life" Betty smiled. "Me neither baby" he said. After a while Dagwood shouted. "Uncle Jug come play!". Jughead grinned and kissed Betty's temple before joining the twins, taking it in turns to push them on the swings. Betty beamed and snapped a picture, uploading it to Instagram with the caption: practicing for daddy duties.

That evening betty and jughead tucked the twins into the blow up bed they'd put in the nursery. They read them a story and kissed them goodnight. After they watched TV for a bit they decided to go and cuddle in bed. Jughead was reading a book while Betty was scrolling through her phone. It had been about two hours since the twins had gone to bed and they were getting ready to go to sleep themselves. Suddenly there was a small knock on the door. Betty and jug looked at each other before Jug said "come in". The door opened to reveal a sleepy juniper, eyes read and crying. "Oh sweetie what's wrong, come here" Betty said as juniper crawled up the bed and hugged her aunt. "I had a nasty dream" she sniffed into Betty's chest. "Oh honey, do you want to sleep with us tonight?" Jug asked softly, moving some hair from her face. Juniper nodded and settled in between them. Betty got up to use the toilet and juniper rolled over to look at jughead. "Will the bad dreams go away?" She asked with watery eyes. "Yes honey, you'll be okay now, you're safe with me and Auntie Betty" he smiled and she hugged him. When Betty came back she smiled at Jug, juniper clinging to him and slowly drifting off to sleep. She turned off the light and kissed jughead Softly on the lips and then juniper on her head before settling down, waiting for sleep to consume her. Just as she was dropping of she felt jugheads arm come over juniper and her and she grabbed his hand, lacing their fingers together before falling asleep.