Chapter 56

The next week Betty came into the apartment looking for her husband. "Juggie!" She yelled and he yelled back "I'm in the bedroom". She made her way into the bedroom to find him sprawled out onto the bed reading a book. "Hey you" he smiled when he saw her, placing the book down and sitting up, patting the space next to him so she would sit down. "Hi" she smiled and kissed his cheek. "what's up?" He asked and put his hands over her bump. "I spoke to Veronica earlier and she said she booked a spa weekend for tomorrow, it would only be for one night and she's said it's all pregnancy safe..." Betty rambled and jughead cut her off with a kiss. "Betts, if you're asking if you can go... of course you can!" He laughed. "Are you sure?" She asked. "Positive" he smiled. "I think it would do you good to relax" he said, putting an arm around her and she cuddled into his chest. "I'll miss you though" she said. "I'll miss you too" he said and kissed her soft blonde hair.

The next day jughead stood outside the bar in front of Veronica's town car. "I'll text you when I get there" she said as she leaned up to kiss him, he stroked her bump before kissing her again. "Have fun baby! And call me if you need anything" jughead said before helping her into the car and watching it drive away. When Betty and Veronica got to the hotel spa, they checked into their hotel room which was amazing. "Wow V! This is so great" Betty said in awe. "Anything for my bestie!" Veronica grinned. "Now come on let's go and use the spa" she said pulling Betty out the room.

After relaxing in the spa for a few hours Betty decided to head back up to the room to get some rest while Veronica went down to the pool. She decided to face time jughead:

"Hey gorgeous" he smiled when he picked up. "Hey juggie" she said as she got comfortable in the bed, still in her white spa robe. "You look beautiful and relaxed" he said. "Thank you, I needed this" she sighed. They spoke for a while, until jughead could tell that Betty was falling asleep. "Get some rest baby and I'll call you later" he said and she nodded. "Love you" she said sleepily as she settled into bed. "I love you too" he smiled and hung up.

The next time betty woke up, Veronica was back in the room, scrolling on her phone. Betty was confused as to what woke her until she felt a sharp pain in her abdomen. She hissed and sat up, clutching her stomach in pain. "B? Are you okay?" Veronica asked when she saw Betty's current state. "No.. OW! Somethings wrong!" Betty cried out. "Okay! Okay! Let's get you to the hospital" Veronica said rushing to try and help her friend who was screaming in agony.

Jughead was sat in the bar when he got a text from Betty's phone:

Betty: it's Veronica. You need to come to the hospital NOW!

Jugheads face turned white and he felt his whole world turn upside down as he shot up and ran to the truck. His mind was racing. What do was wrong? All he needed to do was get to Betty.