Chapter 42

Betty was desperate to get home. She loved New York but it held ghosts of her past which she wanted rid of. "Juggie hurry up!" She called from the hotel door. "Betts, we have time before check out calm down" he laughed, shutting their suitcase. Betty just sighed and fell back against the door. Jughead noticed and went over to her, his arms around her waist. "Want to tell me what's going on?" He asked. "I just want to get home so we can leave and put his behind us" she said. "Oh honey, it's over now okay, but you don't have to rush back into things, you can allow yourself to be sad" he said, looking at her knowingly. She sighed and dropped her head to his chest. "I know I know, I like to distract myself but I promise I'll talk to you if it's too much" she said. "I believe you" he smiled and kissed her.

The drive back to riverdale was long. Betty and jughead were in the front and sweetpea and fangs in the back. They let Betty control the music, much to the boys dismay, but it made her happy and relaxed so it was okay. "Juggie can we stop and get food?" Betty said after a while. Jughead laughed and pulled into a McDonald's. "You never have to ask me that betts" he grinned. "I'm going to the bathroom, bug is sitting on my bladder.. but can you get me chicken nuggets please" she said. "Of course" Jug said and got in line.

When jughead and sweetpea cameto a table with all the food he found Betty and fangs playing a game of jenga made from straws. Fangs was pulling one out and the whole stack fell. "Yes!" Betty beamed giggling. "I win!" She said smugly and fangs just laughed. "Foods arrived" Sweetpea said. "Gimme the nuggets Jones" Betty teased and jughead laughed and held the box of nuggets away from her. "Not until I get a kiss jones" he smirked and she grabbed his face and pulled him in for a kiss. "Ew guys I'm eating" fangs joked. Betty laughed and jughead gave her the nuggets and slid in next to her.

"Is it too early for Christmas songs?" Betty said when they got back in the truck. "YES!" The others said and she giggled. "Jug can I have your hoodie please?" Betty asked. "Yeah Of Course it's in the back" Jug said and fangs passed it over. "Thank you" Betty said and shrugged it on. She sat comfortably with jugheads hoodie on and leant against the window as jughead drove away. As she was drifting asleep she felt jughead take his hand off the gear stick and thread his fingers through hers and she gave him a gentle squeeze when he kissed her knuckles.

The next thing betty knew she was waking up as jughead was carrying her to bed. "Mmm juggie?" She mumbled. "Go back to sleep baby girl, we're home now" he said gently as he kissed her lips and changed her into her pyjamas. She snuggled into their bed, the covers coming around her and she sighed in relief at finally being home. She felt the bed dip behind her and then jugheads strong arms came around around her and pulled her to his chest, their hands over her bump. "Night juggie" She Mumbled. He kissed her shoulder "goodnight beautiful".