Chapter 63

The day before Christmas Eve betty was excited. She loved Christmas and she wanted this one to be the best one yet. She woke up before jughead and climbed out of bed and decided to make cookies. A while later jughead woke up to an empty bed and the smell of baking wafting through the air. He found Betty in the kitchen, quietly singing Christmas songs while checking on the cookies in the oven. "Good morning gorgeous" he smiled as he wrapped his arms around her from behind. "Good morning juggie" she beamed as she turned in his arms and kissed him softly. "You're in a good mood this morning" he said. "I am. It's almost Christmas!" She said excitedly. "That it is" he chuckled. "So you made cookies..." he pointed out. "Yes! And they're almost done so maybe we could decorate them together?" She said.

"Juggie! What is that?" Betty laughed as she looked over at the cookie jughead was icing. "It's Santa!" Jugehad Said. "Why has he got a black foot?" Betty said. "Erm... frost bite?" Jug said and betty burst out laughing, which brought a smile to jugheads face at the sound of his wife's laughter. "Okay then let's see yours" Jug said, moving to get a look at the cookies she had decorated. Each snowman, snowflake, Christmas tree and Santa was perfectly iced and decorated. "Woah. Okay I can't even criticise these" jughead said. "I know" Betty said smugly and jughead laughed. "Don't let it go to your head" he chuckled. "Too late" she smirked and stuck her tongue out at him. "Oh? You want to be like that? Okay then... you asked for this" jughead said and before Betty could say anything he got a blob of icing and smudged it over her face. "JUGGIE!" She yelled. "Yes?" He smirked but she giggled and threw some icing at his face as well. This went on and on with each of them covering the other icing until jughead pulled Betty towards him and kissed her. "Mmm you taste sweet" he smiled and she pulled him down to kiss him again. "Shower?" She asked when they pulled apart. "Shower" he agreed.

"Okay. So I think we should take the cookies down to the serpents and then maybe I could take some to Kevin" Betty said when they were dressed and clean. "That's a good idea betts" jughead said. "Would you like me to drive you to Kevin's?" He asked. "Would you mind?" She said. "Not at all" he smiled and kissed her cheek. After dropping off all the cookies she had planned to she got back Into the truck where jughead was waiting for her. "Ready to go home?" She said as she laced their hands together. "Actually... I was thinking we could drive and go and look at the Christmas lights?" Jug suggested. "Yes! Let's go that!" Betty squealed. "I knew you'd be happy" he laughed and drove off.

"Oh juggie... it's all so pretty" Betty said in awe as she looked out the window at all the Christmas lights and decorations that littered the streets of Riverdale. "Yeah it is" he said but he wasn't looking at the lights.