Chapter 41

"NO!" Jughead yelled and ran to try and get to Betty. A gun shot rang around the room and for a split second everyone went silent and the word went still. Then all hell broke loose. Police officers were running around and the judge trying to keep everyone calm while Alice was being restrained.

Jughead looked around, hoping to find Betty and luckily... he did. She was stood with fangs and sweetpea, both stood in front of her to keep her away from any harm which jughead was immediately thankful for. She had one hand over her bump and the other on her mouth, sobbing. He rushed over and instantly wrapped her up in his arms. "Shhh I got you, I'm here" he said rubbing her back and kissing her hair. "Are you okay? Are you hurt?!" He said, holding her shoulders and looking for damage. "I..I'm.. okay" she cried and hugged him again. "Are you guys okay?" He said, turning to sweetpea and fangs. "Yeah man" Sweetpea said and they all watched as the drama unfolded in front of them.

Abigail had shot into the ceiling after being pushed over by an officer, while trying to shoot a pregnant Betty. She was now being handcuffed and taken out by officers. They had to stay there for a while to answer questions but were eventually allowed to leave. The judge told them there was enough evidence for both Alice and Abigail to be sent down for a very long time. They all got a taxi back, the whole time Betty never said a word. When they got back to the hotel betty went straight to the bathroom to have a bath while the boys ordered room service. "Dude, she's not okay" fangs said nodding to the bathroom. "I know. I know that it's over but she's probably still in shock that she almost got shot" jughead sighed. Before anyone else could say anything they heard Betty sobbing from inside the bathroom, and jughead was up in seconds and rushing to her.

He found her in the bath, crying. "Baby?" He said and knelt down and stroked her hair softly. "I'm so happy it's over juggie but our babies life almost got taken away today, what if the shot hit me?!" She sobbed hysterically and jugheads heart broke. "I know baby, it was so scary but you're okay, so is bug and so am I, we're all okay" he said and kissed her head. "It's over now and we can move on and be happy and Betts, our baby boy will be born and our lives are going to be so good" he said. "I love you" she said in response. "I love you too" he said. "Can you sit here with me for bit?" She asked. "Of course I will".

That night when they were all asleep, jughead held Betty a little tighter and pressed kisses to her hair, he could've lost her today and their baby and that thought was enough to keep him up at night but he had to focus on the present and he had to be there for Betty to make sure the rest of her pregnancy was happy and was as stress free and possible. For that night though he pushed all his thoughts aside and held his wife whispering one last time before he fell asleep "it's all over".