Chapter 7

"Where is she?! Did you see where she went?!" Jug said, growing more and more concerned. "No I didn't see her" Toni said. "Okay son calm down" FP said. "Calm down!? My wife, who is pregnant could he having an anxiety attack and I can't even help her!" Jug roared. Before anyone could answer him the bars phone rang. Sweetpea rushed to get it. Everyone watched him and then he hung up and came back over to the group. "That was Kevin, Betty called him to pick her up about 15 minutes ago and she's at his house but apparently she isn't doing too good" Sweetpea informed them. Jughead didn't say anything he just rushed out to his truck.

Kevin opened the door after jugheads frantic knocks. "Is she okay?" Jug asked. "I think so, she's physically fine. I've made her some tea but she keeps saying she's not going to be a good mother" Kevin sighed, his heart breaking for his best friend. "Thank you Kevin" jughead said and went into the living room where Betty was sat. "Hey sweetheart" he said as he sat next to her and she leaned into him. "Sorry for leaving I just needed to get out of there" she sighed. "It's okay. As long as you and the bug are safe it's okay" he assured her kissing her temple. "She was right Jug" Betty said. "Who was?" Jug questioned. "Your mother. I can't even look after myself" she said holding her hands out to look at her scars. "Let alone a baby" she said, willing herself not to cry. "Elizabeth jones listen to me. You are not weak, or pathetic and you're definitely not a slut! That woman doesn't know the first thing about being a parent. You're going to love and be there for our baby and if it gets hard you have me. We're a team betts" he said. "Do you believe me?" He asked, his eyes pleading with her. "I do" she said. He didn't say anything else just pulled her into his arms. "Let's go home baby" he said.

Later that evening jughead had left Betty asleep in the apartment while he went to phone jellybean and talk to the serpents. When he came back to the apartment Betty was cooking. "What you doing baby?" He asked. "Cooking us dinner" she said with a smile; he was instantly happy that she had her smile back. "And what's the occasion?" He asked lightly but her face turned serious and he went up to her and wrapped his arms around her waist. "It's for you juggie. I know how much your visit with jellybean means to you and it was ruined and then you had to deal with my breakdown" she said. "Don't say that honey you're not a burden" he interrupted. "I know, I know. But I wanted to cheer you up. You don't have to be strong for me all the time" she said. "God I don't deserve you Betty" he said, his eyes raw with emotion. "You do" She Said and kissed him.

After Betty had served dinner she insisted on cleaning up and he went out onto the balcony. She joined him after a while and tucked herself under his arms. "How are you really doing?" She asked. "I hate her betts" he said. "She doesn't have the right to judge my life when she never wanted me" he said, choking up a little. "Oh juggie" Betty said and hugged him tightly, her hand stroking through his hair. "It's okay to be sad" she said. She felt a few tears staining her t-shirt and pulled back to cup his face. "She missed out juggie. You are the best man I've ever known. Don't let her get to you, you're better than that... you're better than her. You deserve the world Jughead Jones" She said. "You are my world betts" He Said, tears pooling in both of their eyes and they stood, wrapped in each other's embrace.

{comment ideas and suggestions I have writers block💗}