Chapter 61

The next few weeks were a whirlwind of stress and jughead was concerned who his wife. They looked after the twins for a little over a week and then when Polly was Betty they took the twins back to pollys house where pollys friends were helping to look after them while Polly was taking it easy as home. Betty had been burning the candle at both ends during this time worrying about her sister and the twins but after they took a few visits down to see them she realised that everything was going okay. Jughead still noticed sometimes Betty would be upset over everything so he decided they should do something to cheer her up and seems though it was December he had the perfect idea.

"Betts?" Jughead called when he walked into the apartment after a meeting with the serpents. "In the bedroom!" She yelled back. "Hey you" he said, leaning on the door and watching betty as she scrolled on her phone In bed. "Hey" she smiled. "So... do you want to go and get a Christmas tree today?" He asked; knowing how much his wife loved Christmas. "Really?" She sat up excitedly. "Really" he grinned and she jumped into his arms and hugged him tight. "Come on then, get ready... dads coming too and fangs and sweetpea because they want one for the bar and Toni's going out to get decorations" He said as he watched Betty get dressed. When they were ready jughead took Betty's hand and they walked outside to the trucks. Betty, jughead and FP were going in one and sweetpea and fangs were going in another. "You guys ready?" Fangs said. "Yep" Betty smiled. "Great! We'll meet you there" fangs said and they drove off. "Come on then let's go" FP said As they got in the truck. FP's truck had a bench seat in the front so FP drove with Betty in the middle and jughead on the end. "So how are you doing today betty?" FP asked as he did everyday since she fell pregnant. "I'm doing okay, I was a bit sad this morning but I'm so excited to go and get a Christmas tree! Christmas is my favourite time of year" she beamed. "Oh yeah?" FP asked. "Yeah! When I was little it was like the one magical time of year where my mom was nice and everyone was together..." she trailed off remembering her past and jughead took her hand and squeezed it reassuringly. "Anyways. Decorating the tree was always my favourite part" she smiled. "My favourite part was eating the Christmas cookies" jughead smirked. "Don't I know it" FP chuckled.

When they arrived at the tree farm Betty was off looking around at all the trees. "Jeez babe! For a pregnant lady you move fast" Jug panted when he caught up with her. "Sorry I got excited" she smiled sheepishly. "It's okay" he laughed and put his arm around her waist. "Come on let's chose a tree" he said. After a while of looking around Betty decided she found the perfect tree. "Okay I'll go get the others they have the saw" jughead said and went to get the others who had already found a tree for the car and were tying it to the car. When he came back they saw betty trying to lift the tree. "Woah!" "Baby stop!" "We'll get it" "stop!" They said as they rushed towards her. "What?" She asked. "Are you okay? Are you hurt?" Jug said, putting his hands on her shoulders and looking at her in concern. "I'm fine why?" She said. "Darling you can't be heavy lifting" FP said. "Oh... sorry" she said. "It's okay as long as you're okay" Jug smiled. "Why were you lifting the tree anyway?" Sweetpea said. "That woman over there was looking at it like she wanted it but it's ours!" She huffed, obviously bothered by the woman snooping out the tree. The four boys just laughed. "Don't worry we've got it now" fangs laughed as they carried the tree back to the truck.

That evening after Betty and jughead decorated the tree and made Christmas cookies for jughead to eat; jughead remembered something he'd brought for the tree. "Here you go betts" he smiled as he handed her a box. Betty opened it to find a shiny blue bauble with white writing that said "baby jones". "Juggie... I love it" Betty said, leaning up to hug her husband. "I'm glad baby" he said as he watched her place the ornament on the tree. She moved back towards him and he wrapped his arms around her from behind; both admiring the tree. " can you believe next year we'll have a son?" She asked in awe. "I know honey.... i can't fucking wait".