Chapter 29

At 4 months pregnant Betty was fed up and her mood reflected that. She'd snapped at jughead that morning when he'd left his empty coffee cup on their bedside table. Betty felt bad when he quietly said he was going to work in the office downstairs. She'd spent the last half an hour moping in the apartment, tears threatening to spill; she hadn't meant to snap at him it's just her hormones and she doesn't know how to control them. Instead of staying in their apartment she decided she'd go for a walk to clear her head. She went down to the bar and left, without anyone seeing her.

She walked down to Sweetwater where she cleared her head then she made a quick decision to make an appointment with her therapist because she didn't want to start getting stressed and mood swings were hard to deal with so she wanted some assurance. When she got there her therapist explained that what she felt was normal and encouraged her to talk to jughead about how she's feeling. She also gave Betty a new prescription which should hopefully help with the dramatic mood swings. When she thanked her therapist she got outside and realised it was raining; she walked so she didn't have a car and didn't want to risk walking home and getting sick. Sighing she pulled out her phone and called a taxi.

When she entered the bar everyone was looking at her, in the short time from walking from the taxi to the bar she had gotten soaked. She walked over to Toni and ordered a hot chocolate and Placed her prescription on the bar. Toni handed her the hot chocolate and Betty went to a booth. Jughead came out the office not soon after. "Hey Toni, can I have a coffee please?" He said. "Sure Jug" she smiled. "Who's is this?" Jug asked pointing to the prescription. "Betty's" Toni said handing him in coffee. Jughead frowned and looked over to where Betty was sat, wet and a sad expression on her face. He walked over. "Babe?" He said sitting down, she sniffed and looked at him; she was crying. "Baby? What's happened?" He said and hugged her to him. "I went to see my therapist. She gave me better meds" Betty said. "What? When?" Jughead asked confused. "Today, I went for a walk after you went to the office and then realised I was starting to slip up a bit in my mental health so booked an appointment and went straight there" Betty explained. "Betts, I would've come with you, you can talk to me" he said. "I know but it was a spare of the moment thing, I'm sorry for this morning" she said, and leant into his side and he kissed her head. "It's okay baby" he said. "It's not, but I am sorry my hormones are all over the place but hopefully this new medication will help with that" she sighed. He kissed her shoulder and she shivered and he realised she was still wet. "Come on honey let's get you upstairs and have a bath" he said and lead her up to the apartment.

After he had run her a bath he had put pregnancy safe oils in to help her relax. "Juggie?" She called from the bath. "Yeah honey?" He said. "Join me" she said and he didn't need to be asked twice. He sat behind her and she leant into his chest; his hands coming to her bump. "Thank you for putting up with me" she said. He laughed and kissed her shoulder. "Your my wife baby, I love you, I should thank you for putting up with me" he said causing her to giggle and he smiled at the sound. "And betts, you're growing our baby, it's the most amazing thing in the world, you never have to apologise for anything to do with this pregnancy okay?" He said and she nodded. "I love you juggie" she said. "I love you to betts".