Chapter 52

The day Betty hit her third trimester, jughead also got sick. Betty woke up to go to the toilet when she noticed that jughead was sweaty and pale. Gently shaking him awake she asked "Jug? Are you sick babe?". He nodded and groaned, sitting up. "I'll be fine don't worry" he said, trying to get out of bed. "No! Stay in bed I'll get you some medicine" she said and hurried off into the kitchen Before he could stop her. A few minutes later she came back with a glass of water and some medicine. "Thank you betts" he smiled appreciatively. "Do you need anything?" She asked, gently rubbing a hand through his hair. "Baby. I should be looking after you!" He said, a hand over her bump. "Can you believe you're 7 months today?" He added. "I know! Not long left now! And I'll be okay, let me look after you" she smiled and kissed his cheek. "Do you want some coffee?" She asked and he nodded.

After Betty had given him some coffee and a plate of toast, she left him to go back to sleep. She decided to have a shower and get ready for the day. She put on some grey yoga pants and a black sweatshirt, with her fluffy boot slippers. She went down to the bar to say hello to everyone and tell them to let jughead rest today. "So what are you going to get up to today?" FP asked Betty as he handed her a cup of tea. "I'll probably clean the apartment or something, I'll stay up there incase jughead needs me" she said, taking a sip. "I also need to go and get grocery's at some point" she said. The doctor said her bed rest could be lifted slightly and she could make small trips out as long as it's only like an hour at the time and she doesn't push herself, but she has to have someone with her at all times. "Me and fangs could come with you, if jugheads sick" Sweetpea said, sitting next to her. "Yes please! Thank you! We'll go about 1?" She said and he agreed.

When Betty made her way into the apartment she went into the bedroom to find jughead still asleep but he had a slight fever so she put a cold rag on his head and kissed his cheek softly. He stirred awake and she instantly apologised for waking him. "Sorry" she smiled. "It's okay, how you doing gorgeous?" He said. "I'm good, how are you?" She said taking a seat at the edge of the bed. "I ache everywhere but I'll be good as new in no time" he said, lacing their fingers together and kissing her knuckles. "What are you going to do today?" He said. "I'm going to clean up a bit and fangs and sweetpea said they'll come grocery shopping with me later" she said. "Okay but don't push yourself okay?" He asked and she nodded. "I'll be fine" she said. "I know honey but I don't like not being able to be with you today" he sighed and she smiled at him. "I love you" she said. "I love you too" he said and snuggled back into the covers.

"Betty! Stop we'll get them!" Fangs rushed to get to Betty who was trying to carry the grocery bags up into the apartment. "Thank you" she said. "Why do you even need this many cereals?!" Sweetpea said lugging the bags up to the stairs. "Jughead loves them all" she laughed opening the door. Once they walked into the apartment they saw jughead sat at the kitchen Island drinking coffee. "Hey you" he said when he saw Betty. "Hey juggie are you feeling better?" She asked going over to him and hugging him, she felt him press a kiss into her hair and smiled. "I feel much Better" he smiled. "Hey guys!" He greeted fangs and sweetpea. "Hey man" "hey!" They said. "Thanks for going with her" jughead said, helping them all put the groceries away. "It's no problem!" Fangs smiled.

Later on Betty and jughead were cuddled up on the couch, both with a bowl of soup, which Betty insisted she made to help him feel even better. "Thank you for looking out for me today" he smiled and kissed her temple. "Just returning the favour" she smiled