Chapter 46

Over the next few days Betty's cold continued. "Baby its a cold I'm fine" she kept reassuring jughead. "But i still want to make sure" he said as he took out his phone to book a doctors appointment. Betty sighed and fell back under the covers, a small smile grazing her lips at how protective he was being. "Okay we have an appointment at 12" he said and kissed her head before heading into the Kitchen to make them something to eat. Meanwhile Betty decided to get up and get dressed. She put on jugheads hoodie and some leggings before standing in front of the mirror and brushing her hair. Jughead came in carrying two plates of toast and tea. "For you Milady" he grinned and she laughed before thanking him.

Later on they were in the car, betty holding jugheads hand while he drove. "I hate the doctors" Betty pouted like a child. Jughead looked over at his wife and smirked. "I know gorgeous but I need to make sure you're both okay" he said squeezing her hand. Her face softened at that but she still said "I still don't like it". This time jughead did laugh at his wife's child like behaviour. "I'll make it up to you in foot rubs" he teased and she giggled.

" Elizabeth jones?" A nurse called. "That's me" Betty said as jughead helped her up and hand in hand they walked into the doctors office. They explained Betty's symptoms and the doctor did a quick ultra sound to check on the baby. "Good news is that your baby boy is health" the doctor smiled. "But the bad news is you have the flu which can be dangerous in pregnancy if you're not careful" he explained. "You need to be on best rest for the remainder of your pregnancy" he explained. "What?! That's 4 months!" Betty said. "Baby calm down" Jug said rubbing her back, he knew Betty hated not being able to something. "I know it's a pain but you don't want to but you or your baby at risk" the doctor said with a sad smile. "Here's your prescription to help with the flu and if you have any concerns please come back" the doctor said, handing jughead the prescription. "Thank you" Jug said and helped Betty up.

"Betts, calm down baby" jug pleaded as he followed her into the bar. "no! I will not calm down! It's not fair!" She yelled storming over to the dinner table where all the serpents were. "Is everything okay?" Toni asked. "No! The Doctor put me on bed rest" Betty moaned. They sat down and jughead explained everything the doctor said. "I'm sorry Betty" FP said. "You don't have to actually stay in bed though you can sit down here with us" Sweetpea said. "I still don't like it" she mumbled. "Sweetheart, it will all be worth it in a few short months when we have our baby" jug said, kissing her softly. "I know" she sighed and leaned on his shoulder imaging their little baby.