Chapter 58

The next day when Betty woke up she was alone in the bed. She rolled over and was met with empty sheets. Suddenly the door swung open and her husband waltzed in holding a tray of breakfast and a flower. "You're up! How you feeling gorgeous?" He smiled as he placed the tray on the side and helped her sit up. Betty winced in pain at the movement. "Ow! I'm sore" she sighed. "I know baby, the doctor told me you'll probably be in pain for a few days" he said as he helped her into a more comfortable position. "Great" Betty whined. "It'll he okay, I made you some breakfast" he said and placed the tray on her lap. "Thank you juggie, that's very sweet of you" she beamed and started eating some of the fruit on the plate. "Will you sit with me?" She asked and he nodded and sat on the bed. "So what are we doing today?" She asked. "Betts, you're not doing anything and you're no arguing with me" he said when he saw she was about to interrupt. "Fine" she sighed. "I'm sorry baby but until our little boy is born I don't want anything that could hurt you or him" he said. "I know, but I still don't like it" she said and leaned her head on his shoulder.

"How's Betty?" Sweetpea said when jughead went down to the bar later that day. "She's okay but she's not happy about taking it easy" Jug said, taking a seat at the bar. "As long as she's safe that's all that matters" fangs said. "We should do something to cheer her up!" Toni said. "Like what?" Jug asked, wanting to cheer his wife up as much as everyone else. "Maybe we could have a games night tonight in the apartment?" Toni said. "Yeah I'm sure she'll love that" jug agreed. "Okay I'll ring FP, shall we say 7pm?" Toni said and everyone agreed. "Okay great! I'll see you all later I'm just gonna grab Betty some lunch and head back upstairs" jughead said, moving to grab a sandwich.

"Betts! I'm back!" Jughead said when he got back into the apartment. "I'm in the nursery" she yelled back. Confused, jughead opened the door to the nursery and found Betty said on the floor with a baby grow in her hand. He crouched down in front of her and grabbed her hands. "Are you okay sweetheart?" He asked. "Yeah, yes. I just... yesterday scared me and I thought we might've lost our baby" she said letting a few tears fall. "Oh betts, come here" he  said and wrapped her up in his arms. "It's okay, it's all okay" he comforted. "Come on you, I've got you some lunch and then the others are coming over for a games night" Jug said helping her up and squeezing her in a hug. "I love you" she said. "I love you more" he said and kissed her softly.

"We've arrived!" Sweetpea yelled when they others made there way into the apartment. Betty and jughead were on the couch, Betty already in her pyjamas and dressing gown. "Hey guys" Betty smiled and got up to hug everyone. "I got pizza!" FP said. "Thanks dad, We can all sit around the coffee table" jughead said. Sweetpea, fangs and Toni sat on the floor and FP, jughead and Betty sat on the couch. "Oh! You guys are guests you don't have to sit on the floor!" Betty said and stood up. "We're good on the floor" fangs smiled. "Woah, baby, you need to sit on the couch and be comfortable okay?" Jughead said and pulled her down In-between FP and himself. "Fine" She huffed and jughead kissed the top of her head. They played many games over the course of the night, and consumed a lot of pizza. They had just started playing monopoly and Betty was becoming tired. "You okay betts?" Jughead Asked. "I'm good" she said with a small smile, jughead left it but kept a close eye on her. "I'm going to order more pizza" Sweetpea said. Half an hour later the pizza was here and they were dishing it out. "Want some babe?" Jughead asked and Betty shook her head. They all tucked in and continued the game but Betty started to feel sick. "You okay darling?" FP asked and Betty nodded, the smell of the pizza was making her nauseous. "Betts, you don't look good" jughead said and everyone looked at her. Betty suddenly stood but before she made it to the bathroom to threw up down her pyjamas. "Oh my god! Baby! Are you okay?" Jughead said rushing to her side. Betty didn't say anything and just ran to the bathroom shutting the door; everyone heard her throwing up. "What was that about?" Fangs asked and that's when jughead noticed what was on the pizza; anchovies. "Oh no, I forgot anchovies have been making her feel sick during pregnancy" Jug sighed. "We'll leave you guys now I'm sure Betty won't want us to crowd her, tell her we hope she feels better" Toni said and they cleared up and left.

"Baby? Can I come in?" Jughead knocked on the door and walked in. "I feel icky" she said leaning over her toilet. "Are you done being sick?" He asked and nodded. "Okay, let's get you in the shower and I'll wash your clothes" he smiled and helped to strip her off her sick clothes. "I'm sorry I ruined tonight" she cried. "Oh honey.. no! You didn't we forgot you can't stand anchovies" he said and kissed her cheek while helping her in the shower. After he'd put her clothes in the wash, he helped her out the shower, dried her and then helped her into fresh clothes. When they were both in bed, jughead holding her close she kissed his chest "thank you for looking after me" she said. "Always" he said.