Chapter 67

The next day the serpents has to listen to Betty and Jughead argue. "YOU PROMISED ME!" Betty yelled. "I know but it's a day and it's tomorrow I bet nothing will happen!" Jughead said back. They were arguing about a serpent run that was happening the next day and even though Jughead promised Betty he wouldn't go on any serpent run until their son was born he thought it wouldn't hurt and she still had a month and a half and a he said it would be fine. "FINE! YOU GO ON THIS DAMN RUN IF YOU WANT BUT I SWEAR IT WILL BE THE LAST THING YOU DO! IM STAYING AT KEVINS TONIGHT" she screamed and stormed out. Jughead went to go after her but was stopped by Toni. "You screwed up! You promised her you'd be here she can go into labour any minute and she's terrified! Leave her to go to Kevin's tonight" she said and walked away. Jughead made his way back to the apartment and sat with his head in his hands on the couch.

Meanwhile at Kevin's betty was tucked into his bed in the spare room as Kevin handed her some tea. "He promised me Kev" she sniffed. "I know honey, and he meant it he thinks the baby won't come tomorrow and he thinks it will be okay... you too just need a night apart to think and it will be all okay i promise" Kevin hugged her. "I won't forgive him if he goes on that run" Betty sniffed and with a kiss on her head Kevin left her alone. Betty was watching Netflix a while later when her phone buzzed with a text from Jughead:

Jug: I'm so sorry Betts, I don't know why I was thinking. I'm not going on that run. I love you so much💗

Betty looked at it and sighed in relief. She contemplated ignoring it but they didn't ignore each other and they always communicated that was why they worked so well. So she sent him a text back:

Betty: Thank you for staying. It's late and I'm tired so I'll stay with Kev but can you pick me up tomorrow morning. Me and bug love you... always💛
Jug: I love you both so much! Thank you! I'll pick you up in the morning... goodnight baby💗

The next morning betty woke up to noises in the kitchen. Walking down stairs she saw Kevin and Jughead sat at the table drinking coffee. They both stood up when they saw her and Jughead immediately came over to hug her. "I am so so so sorry Betts. I don't know what I was thinking! Please forgive me" he begged as he pulled Back to look at her. "Of course. But please if I ask you to do something with me please do it" she said and he nodded. "Of course! I love you" he said and kissed her softly. "I love you too" she smiled. "Do you want some breakfast B?" Kevin asked. "Can I have some toast please" she said as she sat down but winced in pain. "Are you Okay?!" Jug said Quickly. "I'm fine my back just hurts" she said. "Okay" jug sighed in relief.

Later on in the day when betty and Jughead we're back in the apartment Betty kept having little pains but put them down to stress and not having a good night sleep. "Are you sure you're okay?" Jughead said as they walked down to the bar for dinner. "Yep" she hissed through a wince but Jughead didn't look so convinced. Dinner went smoothly until Betty stood up to get seconds and suddenly hunched over, screaming in pain. Everyone stood up and rushed over to her. "Baby?!" Jug yelled and placed his arms around her. "Jug..." Betty winced in pain and when he looked down he saw a puddle on the floor....

Her water had broke.