Chapter 47

After two days of bed rest Betty was already fed up with it. Jughead decided that she should sit down in the bar with some pillows and blankets in a booth so she could be a bit more entertained. Jughead knew that Betty loved the holidays, Christmas, Halloween, Easter and with Halloween coming up he thought he might be able to do something to cheer her up. After talking to her doctor over the phone they agreed that Betty could go out for a bit as long as she didn't do anything that could hurt her or the baby. So one morning after he and Betty had finished Breakfast jughead surprised her. "Baby go and get dressed into some warm clothes" he said with a smile as he washed the dishes. "What? Why?" Betty asked confused, and slightly annoyed as she was fed Up of bed rest. "Just get dressed babe" he said. "Not until you tell me why I want to know why I~" but she was cut off my jughead coming over to her and kissing her hard. "Betts I love you but shut up and get dressed" he laughed and helped her up, she sighed but had a smile on her face and then went to get dressed.

When they were ready they had their coats on and were about to leave the apartment. "Betts, here put this on" Jug said placing a woollen hat on her and wrapping a scarf around her before kissing the end of her nose. "There you look beautiful" he smiled and laced their fingers together. "Can you tell me where we're going now?" She asked once they got in the truck. "Nope it's a surprise" he smirked and pulled out of the bars parking lot. "Fine! But can I at least chose the music" she asked. "Of Course you can" he smiled and for the rest of the journey he listened to his wife singing along to the music blasting through the speakers.

"Okay were here!" Jughead announced as he killed the trucks engine. "Where are we ?" She asked looking around, they had parked in a field with a few other cars but she couldn't see anything. Jughead got out of the Truck and moved to help her out of the car. Taking both of her hands in his and staring down at her. "Elizabeth Jones... we're here to pick pumpkins!" He smiled and watched as Betty's eyes lit up and a grin spread across her face. "Really?!" She squealed excitedly and jugheads heart melted at the sight. "Really Babe" he smiled and she wrapped her arms around him and hugged him tight. "Thank you! I love you!" She beamed. "I love you too" he said and kissed her softly before leading her into the pumpkin patch. Jughead listened as Betty told him stories of her childhood and how they used to pick pumpkins together and her Polly and chic would fight over the biggest. He noticed her eyes gloss over at the mention of chic so he pulled her closer to him and told her stories about how he once got a pumpkin stuck on his head and she burst into a fit of giggles.

"Okay this is the one!" Betty squealed as she pointed to the pumpkin. "Betts, are you sure? You've said that about 7 pumpkins already" jug teased, amused by Betty's child like behaviour. "I promise this time juggie! Let's get this one!" She said and bent down to pick it up. "Babe! Stop!" He said and picked it up himself. "You can't be heavy lifting" he reminded her and placed the pumpkin in a wheel barrow. "Sorry i forgot" she said and he just smiled. "Okay now lets chose a pumpkin for me and when we get home we can carve them and then watch horror films how does that sound?" He said as he pushed the wheel barrow and she started looking for a pumpkin for him. "That sounds amazing" she grinned. She found him a pumpkin and also got some small ones for the bar for decoration. As they were walking back through the pumpkin patch to pay, jughead noticed Betty getting tired and picked her up and placed her in the wheel barrow. "You look adorable" she said and snapped a picture of her giggling sitting with the pumpkins, she just blew him a kiss and he started pushing.

"Okay we have everything ready for carving! But the rule is you can Look at the other persons until we're done okay?" She said as they were sat on the floor of their apartment with their pumpkins. Betty was wearing pyjama shorts that has pumpkins on and a pumpkin jumper that made her bump look like a pumpkin. "Okay! But you're going down my pumpkin will win" she smirked and they got carving. About an hour later they were done. "Okay I'll go first!" She exclaimed and turned her pumpkin around to reveal a pumpkin face with a slight wonky eye. "What happened to the eye?" He laughed. "Ermmm" Betty said, trying to come up with an Excuse. "It has a lazy eye?" She said with a smile and he doubled over laughing. "Okay whatever you go now" she giggled and he turned his pumpkin around. He'd carved three stick people, a man, a woman and a small baby. "Juggie..." she whispered. "It's our family" he said with a smile and she jumped into his arms. "I love it" she said into his shoulder.

That evening as they were snuggling on the couch watching horror movies and sharing a bowl of popcorn she turned to look up at him and kissed his lips softly. "What was that for?" He smiled. "For today, thank you... it was the best day I've had in ages" she said. "I'm glad. I love you betts" he said and pulled her closer to him. "I love you too juggie".