Chapter 14

The next few hours were a blur for jughead. After picking Betty up off the now blood stained couch, and running to his truck, ignoring all the concern from the serpents, he had drove like a maniac to the hospital. Betty was sobbing into his chest when he rushed her through the doors and then was placed on a stretcher and had to be taken away from him. He couldn't stand the sound of her cries and she reached for him, but he was made to stand back, he wasn't allowed to be with her while they did checks. He had stood in the waiting room, tears staining his face and her blood on his clothes. After texting the serpents what was happening he sat down in the Chair and cried into his hands.

FP, fangs, Toni and sweetpea arrived twenty minutes later and all instantly wrapped him up in a hug. "She'll be okay Jug" FP said as he hugged his crying son. "She was so scared dad, I need to see her I need to know she's okay... both of them" jughead cried. After an hour of waiting with no information on Betty or the baby, jughead was getting restless. "I'll go and see if I can find anything out" Toni said while fangs got everyone coffee and sweetpea and FP tried to calm jughead down. After another half an hour of waiting doctor brown came out. "Family of Elizabeth jones?" She asked. "I'm here" Jug rushed. "She's in room 210, I'll be in, in a see moments" she said and jughead ran to find Betty's room.

"Juggie!" Betty said, tearfully when jughead walked in. He was instantly at her side, hugging and kissing her. "God I was so scared betts" he said. She wiped his tears and kissed him. "Me too" she sniffed. Doctor brown then came in and placed all different wires onto Betty and her bump and then moved to do an ultra sound. Betty gripped jugheads hand as hard as she could. "Is it okay?" Betty whispered. "Erm.. I can't see at the moment" doctor brown Said with a frown, And jughead and Betty both had more tears falling, the fear of losing their baby taking over. They were soon broken out of that when Doctor brown said. "Ah! There it is!" She smiled and the sound of a heart beat echoed around the room. Betty and jughead both let out a relieved sigh and jughead kissed Betty. "It's okay betts" he smiled and she beamed. "It's all looking healthy, the bleeding can be normal this early on, it's just spotting, it could also be the placenta covering the cervix but nothing that will bring any harm to the baby" she smiled. "I'd like to keep you in over night and see if anything changes" Doctor brown said and then left. When she left Betty broke down. "I thought we'd lost it" she sobbed into his chest. "Me too baby but it's okay, shhh" he said kissing her hair.

A while later everyone came in to see Betty. "You're a warrior Betty" Toni beamed when she hugged her. "Thank you" Betty smiled, her hands over her small bump. "Can we get you anything?" Sweetpea asked. "I really want a sandwich" Betty said sheepishly and everyone laughed. "I'll get one" fangs said and left Betty's room. They spoke for a while longer, Betty eating her sandwich while jughead had his arm around her the whole time. "I'll be back tomorrow to pick you guys up and I'll bring spare clothes for you Betty" FP smiled as they all said goodbye. When they'd gone jughead and Betty just sat in each other's embrace, finally feeling calm after the days events. "Betts?" Jug said. "Yeah?" She said, looking up at him. "Thanks for making me a dad" he smiled and kissed her, she grinned and then said. "Thanks for making me a mom".