Arc 3.9 Ruler of the Night

Getting a confirmation from Urian after a slight deliberation, Cecily easily got her title back after discussing the details with the newly appointed puppet king.

There was the question of whether or not she wanted to be low-key or to just to go big or go home by announcing to the rest of the Kingdom that the granddaughter of one of the most prestigious families was still alive and kicking--and even contributed quite a bit to the crusade against the werewolves. 

Ultimately the eccentric King Julian decided on his own in a fit of impulse and entertainment, letting the kingdom know of her status and achievements. Though, due to the mass presence of those normal citizens of the country who were unaware of the dark side of the Kingdom he simply announced that she was a key player in capturing and executing the murderer of his father, the previous king. 

Thus, her rise in the nobility was taken in a positive light for the most part as she was revered as a sort of hero.

There was no need to mention how the hunters viewed her. As expected, was the response from the majority as only one family's bloodline in the whole of Grethien actually possessed such distinctive and alluring purple eyes.

Directly after her official reinstatement as the heiress to the Lavande family, Urian also planned to announce the collaboration between the hunters and Hugh's faction to the members of the underworld.

They ended up heading to the hunters' headquarters in the capital via Hunters' Meet, that butcher shop run by that cannon fodder named Jeoffrey from a while back. Though Cecily had expected it, she still couldn't help raising a brow as Jeoffrey discreetly slid a block of meat on the counter to the side as a compartment seemingly clicked, causing the wall to shift. There was a passageway leading downwards to presumably the underworld--quite literally. 

As she had run away from home soon after the deaths of her family, Cecily had never actually ventured into any of the hunter's headquarters as she simply travelled the Kingdom whimsically and aimlessly, slaughtering any wolf that crossed her path along the way. 

So, this passageway into the capital's headquarters was quite a novel experience for both Cecily and the original.

Everyone recognized and knew Hugh upon sight. That was to be expected, as he had been a long-time acquaintance of her grandfather in the capital. If the same could be said at the other headquarters placed conveniently around the vast kingdom, Cecily wasn't sure.

Some of the hunters, as mentioned in the mission world details, didn't trust him as he was not only a werewolf, but the leader of one of the factions. Surprisingly, however, most of the hunters did. He had been in contact with them for over two years, after all. They were familiar with him personally and figured he wasn't the malicious or even the avaricious type like the opposing Northern faction. Especially after he had sent his own men out to help them out of sticky situations on multiple accounts and provided them with silver ore for their weaponry and armor.

The hunters of the association also recognized Cecily, but didn't realize she was their chief's granddaughter until they were captivated by her lavender eyes that closely resembled the elder's. 

The fact that she was walking so closely beside Hugh was also food for thought. 

After all, there were so many rumors stating how much she as the Lavandula abhorred werewolves; the two kings in particular. The amount of hate she held could match the entirety of the hunter's association and possibly even more. Many were worried she would act on impulse and do something insane eventually. Losing such a promising young huntress was not what the association wanted, and because she was stunning in both vibe and attractiveness, she had a rather large fanbase. Her aloofness to the association only made her more of an unattainable flower while her ferocity against the enemy served as inspiration amongst the other female hunters.