Arc 5.7 Empress of Four Kingdoms

Li Yun had been stuck in his bed for two weeks, the minimum amount of time it took for one to get from the border between Hua and Li. In other words, the Hua ambassadors were extremely timely in their arrival into Li as Li's Crown Prince had perfectly recovered by that time.

Due to his position, he was also in charge of the preparations to greet and welcome them into the capital, but as he was bedridden for the majority of the two-week period, he could only do the paperwork while accepting Li Hao's help with directly contacting the entertainers and suppliers, as well as setting up their temporary housing during their stay.

Because of Li Hao's direct involvement, his concubine mother had attempted to scheme but her efforts were thwarted by himself before she could progress too far with them. This resulted in their relationship turning sour, but on the bright side the Emperor was finally able to treat all of his children equally as he'd always wanted.

As for Li Feifei, throughout the entire two-week period she had been trying to pass the time by running wild with the female lead. The female lead was similarly bored because Li Hao was always busy trying to accommodate the incoming ambassadors.

Li Feifei had already decided. If her devil wasn't a member of the incoming group from Hua, then she would run away from home to travel the continent.

That way, she would be able to find her devil eventually. It was better than waiting lethargically as the days passed, then weeks, and then eventually even months and probably years ah.

The day that the ambassadors arrived had come, and Li Feifei and Bai Ping were currently messing around in the capital's most famous brothel.

They were not only known for their matchless flowers, but also for the male prostitutes that didn't lose out in terms of skill, beauty, talent, or personality.

This brothel only accepted VIPS--the top classes of officialdom. In other words, unless one was of rank 4 or higher. In all of Li, this consisted of no more than one hundred officials. This number included their legitimate sons. Daughters were also allowed to visit this particular brothel, but it was highly looked down upon as it put a stain on their reputation.

Actually, the original Li Feifei prized her reputation above all so it was technically out of character for her to even step within a ten meter radius from the building.

Fortunately, she had spent a good hour arguing with the system that as long as she wasn't caught by anyone else or confronted about it then that meant it wasn't out of character at all.

After all, the main reason hosts couldn't OOC was to maintain the balance in the world, and the way to maintain balance was for the surrounding characters to continue their normal interactions with the host's character. At least, that was the short version with many more underlying reasons.

But anyway, Li Feifei maintained her relationship with her brothers and parents just as she had done in the original timeline. And it wasn't even the first time she'd snuck to the brothel with Bai Ping, either.

It was a given that the Emperor and her brothers already knew of their escapades, but they hadn't done nor said anything thus far, so it was obviously okay.

Besides, it's not like they were doing anything with the prostitutes anyway. They simply admired the countless beauties within the three-story building.

Of course, they always disguised themselves as young and single sons of officials rather than daughters. They used the excuse that their reputations must be preserved, but in truth they felt that they both could be very cute and pretty boys. In fact, Li Feifei and Bai Ping were the two most desired customers within the brothel for the past week.