Arc 5.6 Empress of Four Kingdoms

Days passed by abhorringly slowly with the news of Li Feifei and Long Zheng's broken engagement kept within the small circle of five (including the "air," the Emperor's personal eunuch) so as not to ruin neither of their reputations.

Also, everyone aside from Li Feifei believed the annulment was only temporary so they didn't see the need to reveal it anyway.

Recently, Li Feifei had been using the excuse of befriending the female lead to venture out of the palace as she accompanied the 21st century assassin to various locations such as the cliché auctions and taverns to have fun and loosen up. They had encountered the occasional assassins as well, which only enlivened their uneventful lives more.

Surprisingly, the female lead and herself got along quite well. It was mainly due to the fact that the female lead found a companion in Li Feifei as a fellow female martial artist.

Most of the other women from this world were weak and delicate flowers only meant to be viewed and not touched, so both Li Feifei and Bai Ping naturally had no interest in befriending them.

Additionally, they were both transmigrators, so their conversations were able to flow quite well. Li Feifei didn't even bother trying to act like an ancient woman in front of Bai Ping because they had never interacted before anyway, thus there was no way Bai Ping would be able to tell that she was acting out of character.

And since she found a friend in Bai Ping, Li Feifei helped her in dealing with her half-sisters and detestable general of a father. She didn't use her status to suppress them. Actually, she had deliberately hidden her status the first time she met the half-sisters and allowed them to insult her with a smirk on her face the entire time.

So, when General Bai returned home to find his unruly daughters slandering the most favored member of the royal family he almost shat his pants as he slapped them across the face, causing them to break a few teeth, falling to the ground in tears and disbelief.

Even though he himself held only disdain for Li Feifei as she was only a spoilt young lady with no other redeeming quality aside from her numerous talents and beauty, the old general knew that they couldn't afford to offend her.

When he found out that she was on good terms with his useless daughter, he was naturally happy that he had another connection to the royal family but conflicted at the same time because he was currently in the Third Prince's faction. But it was always good to have a fallback plan, so he didn't stop the two from deepening their friendship.

General Bai was still unaware of the ambiguous relationship between Li Hao and Bai Ping.

In his mind, the only one he needed to get rid of now was that persistent Long Zheng.

Bai Ping wasn't a weak woman who needed help at every twist and turn, but she wouldn't disregard Li Feifei's efforts. Their friendship strengthened, and she was even more willing to convince Li Hao to let go of his foolish ambitions.

In the end, the male lead's whole life thus far had been spent aiming for the throne so it was naturally not easy to let it go just like that.

So, Bai Ping proposed to let the four of them--herself, Li Hao, Li Yun, and Li Feifei--all hang out and get to know each other more.

After all, Li Feifei had already let her know that in fact, Li Hao knew nothing of his two older siblings at all and only based his judgment purely on what he'd heard from his concubine mother. This caused Bai Ping to facepalm and have a minor migraine at how she had fallen for such a childish youngster.

Li Feifei sympathetically pat her shoulder and could actually relate a little bit. The only difference was that she hadn't fallen in love yet, but she did indeed have a childish devil clinging onto her in every world.