Arc 4.27 Queen Mother

When they arrived at the hospital, Alice and her mother were already there waiting outside in the hallway with ashen faces. There was no way they would be as happy as the Aldebaran head, who was in the delivery room with the secretary cheering her on.

If the real Alex were there, surely, the only thing on her mind would be: how ironic.

Sure, neither her nor her mother truly loved the man, but that wasn't the same for Alice and the mistress. But like she said earlier, once a cheater, always a cheater. Also, if it wasn't blatantly obvious enough already, the Aldebaran patriarch was the epitome of scum, a lusty man who could never have enough.

Hell, Alex was hard pressed to believe that the secretary was really the only one who was pregnant with his child at this point in time! For all she knew, there could be another woman who was a few weeks, if not months pregnant knocking on their manor door not too long from now.

It was more surprising that he hadn't brought in a full batch of children for the past twenty or so years, with how unrestrained his sex life was. One could only say that maybe he wasn't such a fertile man for better or worse.

Of course, Nile didn't allow Alex to go anywhere alone ever since he found out she was pregnant (not that he would have left her alone even if she wasn't), so he had accompanied her to the hospital. This was what the Aldebaran head wanted anyway, otherwise he never would have invited Alex over.

His thought process was extremely simple. If he could convince Alex to have Nile support his newborn son, then everything would be perfect--both families would be happy. He honestly didn't care which of his daughters managed to hook the Betelgeuse only heir as he initially only wanted to mend the two family's relationship. It was actually a bonus that Alex was his first wife's daughter, that way they could even possibly mend the relationship with the Fomalhaut household with Nile involved. As for Alice and his mistress, he found them to be eyesores as of late with their accusatory glares and tears. He had already loved them dearly for the last twenty years. He didn't understand why they were upset.

Really, his thinking was just too obvious that Alex couldn't even laugh anymore. First of all, if he wanted to mend the relationship with the Fomalhaut family, he should have never broken it in the first place. And secondly, why did he think Alex would actually care? She was just there at the hospital to watch a show.

It was seriously the most boring thing in the world to be treated like a piece of treasure. While she loved being extremely lazy, Nile never let her drink any alcohol or play around with her sword anymore. She was already used to him clinging to her side all day long from the previous worlds so there really weren't any complaints there, but it really got on her nerves that she wasn't allowed to do anything remotely fun or even just emotionally stimulating--even if she knew it was for the sake of her child. The only thing that she enjoyed the past month was the sex.

And the food he made.

So, how could Alex give up the chance to watch a good show ensue at the expense of her own "family?" This was expected to be a first-class drama! Not only was there the original legitimate daughter on the scene, there was the classic illegitimate sister, her mistress mother, the slag dad, the second mistress, the illegitimate newborn son, and most importantly the golden thigh that was her own husband! Now, this, was a first-class cast.

As for how the act would be, she wasn't sure but she had a vague idea. Alex was pining on the fact that Nile was a trophy that everyone wanted for themselves, so Alice would make some moves that would ultimately humiliate herself which would heighten her anger and hatred towards her (Alex). Then, right when she's about to lash out, the baby would be declared to have been born interrupting her.