Arc 5.5 Empress of Four Kingdoms

Oooof this song is so legit hahaha that's the only reason I threw it in haha. But knowing the lyrics, I think it could go with the chapter??? Just that the passion he sings about is nonexistent here hahaha. 

Enjoy the chapter!! 

We get some of the reasoning behind the original Long Zheng's actions!

Arc 5.5 Empress of Four Kingdoms

"Please annul Fei-er's engagement with General Long."

Long Zheng frowned and his eyes met her own provocative ones as she remained seated above him beside the Emperor on the golden dragon throne. He hadn't expected her to abruptly break their engagement, as she had been treating him relatively amiably even if her provocations seemed to be hinting at her looking down on him somewhat.

The Emperor and Li Yun's heartbeats sped up. They were so happy they could barely hold back their smiles. Of course, they tried their best to maintain the air of solemnity in order to give the general face.

Emperor Li's face was serious as he questioned Li Feifei's reasoning, "Why does Fei-er wish to annul the engagement with the General? Has Fei-er been wronged?!"

At that last thought, the Emperor was already feeling anxious and unreasonably angry as his domineering aura was instilled into his rising voice, causing General Long who had indeed wronged Li Feifei to inadvertently break out into a cold sweat even though he knew she wouldn't rat him out for standing by idly as she was defending herself from assassins.

Li Feifei glanced at Long Zheng whose head was lowered back down as he continued standing but the tension in the throne room was real.

She smiled slightly, "Fei-er..."

Fuck! What am I supposed to say? Father, ah, you were supposed to just happily comply as the doting father you were written to be!

Li Feifei's genial smile slowly faded and turned into a pout instead as she resorted to pleading, "Imperial Father, Fei-er found that General Long's first impression was very bad. Fei-er doesn't want to be with the general for her entire lifetime at all."

Let's just go with this approach for now...

Li Yun who sat at Emperor Li's other side suppressed his amused chuckle, as according to Li Feifei's previous explanation to him, the General had supposedly lent a hand in dealing with the assassins from earlier which usually would have been the catalyst for pulling every young maiden's heartstrings.

But his dear little sister just revealed that the General had done otherwise and ended up contradicting her earlier words instead.

He really had to teach her how to be more convincing with her lies, ah!

But, because of how much of an "amateur" she was at lying through her teeth, neither the Crown Prince nor the Emperor ended up thinking that she was acting out of character.

Meanwhile 001 was breaking out into a cold sweat at how his host was standing on the edge of a cliff with her acting in this world...

In truth, the only reason Li Feifei and Long Zheng had been engaged was because he was the only other male in the Kingdom who was close to her age and held a proper rank worthy of her own as the Second Princess of Li. There were no other political or familial reasons to the engagement so it was okay to let it go.

The other two officials that could somewhat compete with her own rank, the Left and Right Prime Ministers, had sons that the Emperor was not entirely reliant on in regards to taking care of his precious daughter--and even though he knew that General Long wasn't the best either, he was the better of the three evils.