Arc 5.29 Empress of Four Kingdoms

THIS IS A NORMAL, SCHEDULED RELEASE.

A/N: Sorry for my inactivity QwQ Not gonna lie, my inspiration and motivation died down a lot for a while there, but I think I'm back and steady again! I've been wanting to write write write again!

EDIT: Haha, I just went through a rough draft and concluded that this arc would have a minimum of 10 chapters until it's over *dies*

Arc 5.29 Empress of Four Kingdoms

Before the two left, Hua Shen was generous enough to leave his boat for the shipbuilders in Zhao to find inspiration and innovate their own technology. Of course, the main reason the ship was left behind was to return to it later when they decided it was time to embark on the world conquest journey.

As opposed to Li Feifei and Hua Shen's rude and straightforward solution to conquer Zhao, the plan for Shi was doomed to last a bit longer. Waging a war was not positive for the residents of Shi and could reflect badly on the two later, but for the sake of staying within the limits of this world in order to maximize their point revenue, Hua Shen and Li Feifei couldn't just singlehandedly deal with the kingdom as they'd done in Zhao.

In fact, even in Zhao, they strictly limited their victims to those that the system wouldn't penalize them for indiscriminate killing of residents. These victims consisted mainly of the soldiers and citizens who obstructed their way from completing the main mission—which was "conquering" Zhao at the time by means of destroying their economy and power—as well as the ministers with power that had the potential to threaten their consolidation over the Four Kingdoms.

Thus, the situation in Shi vastly differed from Zhao mainly due to the topography and political structure.

It turned out that the monarchy was tougher to deal with than the oligarchy for compromising. After all, the ministers of Zhao collectively and equally ran the kingdom and were relatively open to new cultures and ideas—evidently, they were even willing to submit under a new monarchy if their lives and their people were in danger. However, no prideful and arrogant Emperor would be willing to submit under another, especially if the latter was perceived as an inexperienced upstart by the former.

Shi's Emperor was such a man who felt that Hua Shen was simply overestimating his abilities and generals. He clearly expressed such sentiments when Long Zheng and one of the four accompanying Hua generals relayed their intention of consolidating the Four Kingdoms into one under Hua two weeks after their initial arrival at Shi.

The group of generals first arrived on the same day that Hua Shen and Li Feifei had reached Zhao. It certainly wouldn't be wrong to say that the masters could be seen reflected through their subordinates. The generals weren't dumb; as soon as the Shi Kingdom was within their sight, they ordered 2000 of the 10000 men to infiltrate the capital. Of course, the initial 10000 men would not be easy to escape the eyes of any competent kingdom, so when they were dispatched from Hua, they were separated into a maximum of 30 men per group on the way to Shi. Each group was disguised as either merchants, mercenaries, or performance troupes. With the news of Zhao's situation spreading throughout the continent within a few days after Hua Shen and Li Feifei's feat of burning ships, the soldiers could even pose as refugees in larger quantities of at least 100 men per group.

Obviously, they had to incorporate some women and children within their arrangements, but it was enough to crossdress and let the younger and smaller men pose as children.

The number of soldiers that were implanted within the capital only doubled from the original 2000 over the course of two weeks.

Thus, when Long Zheng and the general from Hua met with the Emperor of Shi two weeks after their arrival and were thus denied from staying within the capital, there was no real impact on their plans since their soldiers had already long integrated themselves into the capital.