Arc 5.27 Empress of Four Kingdoms

To my patrons, I will try to post the tier rewards as the week progresses before the next update. This weekend was hell haha. And to everyone else, the last 2 sponsored chapters will be posted when I have time hopefully before the month is over (spring break is next week).

Arc 5.27 Empress of Four Kingdoms

The Minister of Foreign Affairs could no longer keep his composure as he burst into a bout of cold laughter.

"Is the Second Prince of Hua so confident that he can return to Hua in one piece?"

In another kingdom, a man who was diligently stamping seals onto decrees and petitions in place of the truant Emperor suddenly sneezed.

Hua Shen was unfazed by the old man's implied threat. In the first place, Hua Tishen wasn't even actually in Zhao.

[Side Task 2: Kill Zhao Kingdom's Minister of Foreign Affairs. Reward: 2000 points.]

[Side Task 3: Kill the guards. Total Reward: 1000 points (50 points per guard).]

[Side Task 4: Escape from the manor. Reward: 500 points.]

The sudden barrage of quests rang through Li Feifeis head, but just before she could make her move...

...as if he'd heard the notification himself and realized that his life was in danger, the Minister waved his hand in the air as a signal to have his hidden guards show themselves. Then, with a speed that only the most reputable of cowards possessed, he stood and jumped back from his former location to behind a group of five guards.

The two were immediately surrounded by about fifteen guards wielding sabers resembling those that pirates would use, probably weapons in which their unique forms could only be found in Zhao due to the extensive trade routes with foreign lands across the sea.

Both Hua Shen and Li Feifei's swords were double-edged swords and obviously appeared to be otherworldly in comparison, however, the Zhao Kingdom's weapons were already amongst the most unique on the continent. Although their sabers were shaped differently from the traditional Chinese sabers, the materials used to smith them were still the same steel alloy.

The Minister of Foreign Affairs did not think that Hua Shen and Li Feifei would fight back since they were largely outnumbered and did not seem to possess any weapons. Also, Hua Tishen was not known for his battle prowess but his mindset as a businessman. Unfortunately, he and his kingdom had no good intentions toward Zhao otherwise he would have liked doing business with him as fellow merchants.

When Hua Shen noticed that the approaching men tried to grab Li Feifei who was perceived to be the easier target, his face darkened. Other than himself and their child, nobody else was allowed to touch his wife!

He brought his palm that was caressing his wife's waist up to her shoulder to pull her toward him and away from the assailants.

All of this happened within a span of one second, so Li Feifei was not prepared for the unexpected pull. Furthermore, it wasn't as if she was a delicate and frail little girl that needed to be protected, so to Li Feifei it really was an unwanted surprise! Hua Shen's action was uncalled for, disrupting her from completing her side tasks!

And as if that wasn't already bad enough, her damn devil took his Holy Relic from the system space and slashed at the minister, the blades in the air caused by his swing beheading him on the spot.

Li Feifei clenched her teeth in irritation, her rage building up at a rate faster than the speed of sound. She wanted the kill, damn it! That was 2000 points down the drain! What made it even more detestable was that she would have been able to kill the minister if she hadn't been caught unaware by Hua Shen at that time. No wonder the reward was unusually high despite the target being so weak!