Arc 4.6 Queen Mother

Gee. GUYS 😢 I actually had no plan to update this chapter today haha but THEN I just realized my follower count just hit 200 and decided to be generous *shooting self in the foot*

Thank you for your continued support and, like, enjoy the extra chapter!

Arc 4.6 Queen Mother

When Tyler and Faust finally woke up, Alex had already changed her clothes and freshened up somewhat, only leaving her hair in disarray to make it seem as if she was panicking over their sudden black out. She had to instantly crank up her acting skills.

Pacing back and forth worriedly while nervously biting her nails, Alex was a mess--though she decided to hold back the waterworks this time around. Now, that would have been overdoing it.

Seeing her friends regaining their consciousness after two dreadfully slow hours, Alex immediately ran up to them, gently hovering her small and delicate fair, white palm over their foreheads that were dripping with sweat.

"Thank goodness! I thought you two...I thought you guys left me all alone!" She released the breath she didn't realize she was holding all that time.

"Wha...What happened, Lexi? Why are we--ugh!" Tyler quickly brought his hands up to his head, cradling it as he was immersed in so much agonizing pain in his brain, "What the hell...?!"

"Ugh..." Faust seemed to be faring with the torment of having his mind invaded by an alien much better than Tyler was.

Alex gasped exasperatedly, "What's wrong?! Why is this happening?!"

As one of the experts in the field as well as having gone through the process herself (though on a considerably smaller scale), Alex finally became aware that the two were actually battling against an invisible enemy.

"Alex, you need to run away..." Tyler gnashed out through his tightly clenched teeth. He and Faust rarely called her by her name. They only called her "Alex" if they believed the situation to be extremely dire.

Although Faust said nothing and was silently bearing his own share of the convulsing torture of having one's mind pricked and prodded from within, Alex knew he was agreeing with Tyler.

In response, without caring about their current suffering, she slapped them both across the face as she was not only furious but helpless, "Did you guys forget that I am also already an alien?!"

Thinking to this point, she felt her anger escalate, "You two better prove you are both worthy of being this miss's best friends! Her family--her most trusted and beloved men in the entire universe! If you lose to those filthy aliens, then consider us as finished!" Uh, why did she sound like a girlfriend threatening to break up with her boyfriend(s)?

[...you will regret saying that later.]

'Shut it. I know.'

Tyler and Faust couldn't help the upward tilt of their lips, "Don't worry, Lexi. We are...stronger than you."

Tyler managed to squeeze out the teasing and taunting remark before blacking out again, probably dedicating more of his consciousness into fighting back the foreign presence in his mind.

On the other hand, Faust was still awake as he furrowed his brows and bit his pale lips harshly to keep himself from groaning out loud.

After fifteen minutes, the pain finally seemed to have subsided and their states were relatively normal again aside from their faces being as white as sheets. Throughout the entire process, Alex was by their side, holding their hands and wiping the excess sweat off of their faces and necks with a wet towel that she had prepared in the kitchen.