Arc 3.10 Ruler of the Night

Although the combined forces of Hugh's faction and the hunters association had been killing all of Valentine's members on site, the Northern faction still had more forces because of the way their king ruled and how his clan did things. Certainly, the creation of new werewolves was much faster than the deaths of the old ones.

After the six month period of massacre, Valentine finally ordered his men to take over Bevelon, one of the larger cities of the kingdom. In addition to their feasting and creating more werewolves in that city, they also held human hostages.

This was a dire situation in terms of the escalation of violence and the ultimate peace between humans and werewolves as well as the new king's chance to be proven worthy, so the allied powers of werewolves, hunters, and knights had no choice but to walk into the trap that was Bevelon. As the main forces of the alliance, Hugh, his top men, Cecily, and some other noteworthy cannon fodder snuck into the large and overpopulated city whilst the bulk of their team served as a distraction at the main entrance and exit of the city in the dead of the night when the humans were sleeping.

Of course, with all of the blatant killings and slaughtering by the werewolves, even the humans finally became aware that something more was at hand so the curfew was set even earlier than usual in Bevelon. But the team of less than fifteen individuals still decided to head out a few hours after curfew to ensure that they wouldn't be running into any inconveniences during their operation.

Despite their caution, they still ran into northern werewolves when they got closer to Valentine's temporary mansion. He had killed the city lord when he first invaded Bevelon and swiped his mansion along the way. The security was top-notch; Valentine's best men had remained hidden throughout the entire war between the northern and southern factions of werewolves. Prior to this night he and his henchmen had only sent out their lowly grunts to create more forces as well as deal some small damage to the hunters and southern werewolves while the superior fighters were ordered to bide their time and conceal their strength. This was because Valentine was aware of the overall gap between the quality of their armies, so he could only keep as many cards up his sleeves as possible.

In contrast, the entire underworld knew of Hugh and his men's prowess. They went by the law, "true power dominates all."

The oversized mansion with tall towers and overhanging turrets and added spires was in sight when ten abnormally large shadows flashed down from above the walls bordering the property. One hunter and two knights' head were instantly ripped off of their bodies before the assailants had even touched the ground. Murderous snarls full of warning sounded as the motley party was surrounded in a tight circle. Those with faster instincts had instantly unsheathed their weapons and claws to guard and avoid the same fates as their dead comrades who were now lying still in their own pools of blood beside them.

The entire group came to a tacit agreement when each members' eyes met with their respective leaders; Hugh was one of the five individuals that the attackers had not even attempted to ambush while Cecily had unhesitatingly offed the the head of the werewolf who intended to tear her head clean off her neck with his dauntingly large and bloodied canines.

At that signal, Hugh swiftly hauled Cecily into his arms as both figures disappeared from their spots even faster than their assailants had descended from seemingly nowhere before, leaving their comrades to hold off the enemy while they went to kill Valentine.

Hugh sniffed his way to Valentine along with Cecily still in his hold. She allowed him this bit of tofu and even wrapped her lithe arms comfortably around his neck since she'd already gotten used to his constant molestation over the past six months due to their lack of "funner" activities.