Arc 4.14 Queen Mother

Taina had on a provocative glare as she walked up to the absorbed lovebirds.

Nile and Alex were currently seated on a long table, the seats beside and across from them were empty due to the members' consideration for their private space as well as wanting to avoid having dog food shoved down their throats.

Sitting down on the empty seat directly across from the two, Taina rested her chin on the back of her hand as she eyed Alex from head to toe in Nile's lap, as a predator would when assessing their prey.

She had always been a blunt and straightforward girl, so she didn't hesitate to start throwing out offensive remarks the moment her lips parted just loud enough for the surrounding onlookers to hear, "It must feel nice, being the captain's temporary plaything.

"Did you think he would actually value a slut like you? Captain Betelgeuse is only interested in your body, and admittedly you aren't half bad. Otherwise why would he toss away the perfect fiancée for someone as useless as you?"

Taina wanted the rest of the crew members to understand that Lily was wronged by not only Alex, but Nile as well, who cheated on her. She could care less about Nile's reputation after all he had done to Lily, her best friend.

Niles face darkened when Taina spoke the five forbidden words, "only interested in your body," because he knew it was actually the other way around. Alex really had no other feelings for him and only stuck around because of his skills in bed and his awesome body.

Faced with that reality he temporarily lost his temper. Nile was in the middle of developing their feelings until this girl had to pour a bucket full of ice-cold water on him by reminding him of how long and hard his journey would be.

Meanwhile, Alex had on a knowing smile, aware of her husband's current state of mind.

"Shut up," Nile growled darkly, his blue orbs were giving off a sinister light as he tightened his arms' hold around Alex's waist and his chin was propped on the top of her head.

Scoffing, Taina didn't seem to have noticed that she was literally hanging at death's door.

"See? I'm right, aren't I? He can't even say otherwise."

From afar, Duke finally noticed his little sis was courting death!! Before Nile could pierce the silver fork in his hand through Taina's unfiltered lips that he found extremely displeasing to his eyes, Duke quickly intervened to save her from the countless tortures he knew his best friend was cooking up in his mind currently.

He knew Taina was the type who prized friendship over anything. Hell, look at him and Nile!

Pulling Taina off of her seat by her upper arm, Duke forced a smile upon his face but couldn't keep his bottom eyelid from twitching when he deduced that Nile would most likely not let them off this time. Yet, he still tried to play the middleman, "Sorry about that Nile. Can you forgive her just this once? For my sake?"

Nile could care less about a friendship that he didn't consider real (since he wasn't even the original Nile), but Alex knew that him not giving Duke any face this time around would be OOC. Normally, she wouldn't care about her competitor losing points but she already agreed with Nile that she would also put in some effort into considering their future together.

Thus, Alex chuckled softly and lightly caressed his arm around her waist with her fingers, to remind him of what was important. Also, she was reassuring him that it was possible to change the nature of their relationship, so why was he getting fired up for no reason?

Having calmed down, Nile snorted while sending the Fomalhaut siblings off with his eyes, "On the account that we have known each other for years, I will let her go this time. But there won't be a next time even if she's your little sister."