Arc 4.9 Queen Mother (H)

WARNING: this chapter contains minor sexual content.

"Our engagement can be considered as good as over," Nile further crushed Lily's hopes decisively.

To Alex's questioning gaze, Nile beamed reassuringly as Lily was left speechless in disbelief. Tyler and Faust had visibly relaxed their tense nerves, while the recon team slowly backed away from Lily. Nile was, after all, was the more influential of the two.

Nile, "Now we just need to go home. All of the preparations have already been made."

"Oh," Alex pondered for a bit before concluding that the original Nile was the more unfortunate of the two. After ten whole years of hardship, he finally managed to arrange everything so that he could smoothly annul his engagement with Lily.

In the current times, it wasn't as simple as "I don't love her, so I refuse to go along with this," then, boom--NULL. As both parties were heirs to their respective families, which just so happened to be two of the top four families in the universe, Nile had to do a lot of undercover work without letting anyone from both families find out all while keeping up his responsibilities as the future head in order to keep suspicion away from him. Where would he have time to constantly be with Alex like Tyler and Faust had? He had already tried his best to be with her as much as he could, as he was probably the one who wanted to see her the most.

From what Nile had just spoken, it seemed that the original Nile already had everything he needed to be together with his beloved. The only thing missing was said beloved. In the end, as he had already abandoned himself, he could only take her cold, lifeless body and emotionlessly surrender it to the researchers to desecrate.

Lily already knew she couldn't justify antagonizing the trio, as not only were Tyler and Faust the of the top warriors in their generation, they also had the armory with a seemingly limitless supply of weaponry. So, even though she wasn't content with the idea of sticking around with aliens on the opposing faction, she could not do anything about it.

Furthermore, she couldn't just outright declare they were no longer humans because she'd also be brought to question, but who said that she had to be straightforward? All she had to do was to somehow get Alex injured so that everyone--including Nile--could see that her blood was abnormally yellow.

She didn't believe that Nile would still love Alex when he found out that she was the Queen of those monsters he was sent out to kill.

Nile interrupted her in the midst of her scheming when he stated their next course of action with his deep, melodious voice, "We will loot this place after a brief rest, then return to the cockpit shortly after. Dismissed."

As he said so, he took out three space rings from a compartment in his black combat suit.

Space rings were interdimensional rings; their storage capacity was as of yet still unknown, and the production method had to do with the implementation of the theory regarding wormholes. An eccentric scientist commonly referred to as Eve had taken his curiosity to the next step, resulting in the creation of the first interdimensional space ring.

To summarize, he had spent over fifty years trying to find out how to split apart a wormhole at the molecular level. He used elements with high levels of protons that opposed the giant mass of electrons that was his personal wormhole bestowed to him by various tycoons and sponsors of the experiment and successfully divided it into ten small pieces. The original wormhole was massive, but due to the lack of efficiency the majority of it was lost to nothingness.

Then, with those ten individual pieces, Eve then contained them securely into rings made of similar elements that he split the wormhole apart with; there was a compartment on the ring that could open up a tiny hatch within the ring, exposing the minimized wormhole and enabling the wearer to store any item into the space that it lead to. Because they were composed from the same wormhole, each of the ten rings shared the destination. That was both a pro and a con in that Nile only had four of the rings in his possession.