two.

"Sorry we're closed!"

I called out the moment the bell above the door rang out into the empty and partially dark café.

"Not for me sweet cheeks." I looked up immediately at the sound of Tommy's voice and smiled as he strolled towards me.

"Hi." I greeted, my entire disposition changing as I quickly finished counting the change in the till just as Tommy lent against the counter. "I've missed you." I admitted quietly as I glanced at him, seeing his lips pursed as he looked around the café.

"This place is a shit hole, you really shouldn't work here." Tommy clicked his tongue and I couldn't stop the sinking feeling in my chest as he ignored what I had said once more and instead criticised my place work.

I loved my job, and I knew he knew that too.

"How long are you going to be?" Tommy asked just as I started counting the ten pound notes.

"Not very long, why?" I risked asking, my eyes jumping towards Tommy briefly once more in apprehension.

"We're going to the pub." Tommy stated. "I'll wait in the car, hurry up May."

Tommy pushed away from the counter without giving me a chance to respond and I instead just nodded and chewed my lip as I tried to speed up my counting, not wanting to annoy him.

I blinked rapidly trying to fight off the tears growing in my eyes for no reason I could pinpoint as I signed my name off on the end of the day till print out.

"Fuck sake." I swore at myself, I didn't even know what I was crying about.

"I told you to hurry up." Tommy snapped as I slid into the passenger seat, my eyes cast downward as he pulled away from the curb immediately.

"Sorry." I apologised and sunk lower into the seat of his BMW and he drove away from Covent Garden.

I chewed my lip as Tommy's cold hand wrapped around my wrist almost immediately as we crossed the empty road towards the pub and I felt my nerves grow exponentially as we entered. Loud chatter and various voices greeting us immediately.

"Tommy!"

The sound Tommy being called made me look up at the same time as Tommy, his grip tightening at the same time and I felt my stomach drop as I realised we weren't going to be alone. Although that was my own stupid fault for not realising that there was a point of going to the pub. I just wished that I'd known it would be with his work friends.

"Get me a pint of Fosters yeah?" Tommy squeezed my wrist as he told me what to do before heading down towards the back of the pub without a glance back at me and I found myself alone at the bar.

"Won't be a moment love."

I nodded half heartedly at the bartenders reassurance as I watched him finish off someone else's drink order.

"Pint of Fosters and a water please." I ordered as soon as he reappeared in my vision, only half paying attention as he nodded and I was left to stare at my distorted reflection in the bottles hanging above the bar.

"Hello."

I jumped as someone spoke to me as a body appeared in my peripheral vision and as I turned towards them I found my heart racing for a few moments longer as I recognised him as the man from work last night.

"Hi." I greeted him politely and turned back to face the back of the bar again.

"M'Harry, we met last night." Harry, as I put the name to the face, spoke again and I quickly glanced over my shoulder towards Tommy to see him engrossed in conversation with a dark skinned man I didn't know.