sixteen.

a double update because i wrote two future chapters today n im feeling nice lol, enjoy vote n comment my loves x g.

+

"Come on, it'll be fun."

I glanced over at Tessa who was filtering a coffee for the man waiting and I blinked at her just as she glanced at me.

"Saturday night, Christ sake May keep up." Tessa snapped and I sucked my teeth as I remembered what her and Kate had been talking about all day. 

I smiled as I spotted Rhiannon making our way back towards us, Kate not to far behind her.

"You're doing brilliantly." I smiled at her, I was glad both her and Susan had worked out for us, although I knew all three of us liked Rhiannon more than Susan. She was older and a bit up tight and I was pretty sure she thought Tessa was a demon.

She wouldn't have really been wrong. In a nice way of course.

"Thank you, I'm really enjoying it." Rhiannon smiled back at me as she loaded the dishwasher just the man took his drinks and left the four of us.

"So you're up for Saturday?" 

Tessa turned her eyes on the newest addition of our group and I almost felt bad for the girl, she'd barely just turned eighteen and here Kate and Tessa were trying to corrupt her.

"I've never been clubbing before." Rhiannon admitted, and I smiled at her.

"Don't let them pressure you into it." I said watching as she nodded at me whilst Tessa rolled her eyes.

"Let her make up her own mind May. We want her to come," Kate smiled at the younger girl before turning back to me, "And you. You never come out with us."

"I don't drink and I'm not a club person." I shrugged, it was true. I wasn't even sure if I'd like it anymore.

"That's funny cause I remember Sarah telling us when you first started you used to come in hungover every Sunday." Tessa hummed smugly and I rolled my eyes, that seemed like a lifetime ago.

"I was thirteen." I defended myself.

"You started drinking at thirteen?" Rhiannon asked, her eyes wide and I almost wished I was innocent as her. I just shrugged in response.

"I don't drink anymore." I reiterated, mainly for Tessa and Kate's benefits.

"You don't have to drink, just come out with us." Kate smiled and I thought about it. I felt like I'd barely slept last night, the fear covering my body like a blanket except it had only kept me cold as I laid in bed.

Tommy didn't really think I would tell anyone about what they'd been talking about, did he? And he most certainly wouldn't follow through with Luke's threat would he? 

It wasn't something I'd ever feared before, I mean there were times where I wished I was dead so I wouldn't be such a burden anymore, but I'd never feared for my life with him.

"I'm not sure I'd be much company." I admitted, it wasn't a lie, I was pretty sure I wasn't going to forget what had happened last night any time soon. 

It wasn't just myself I was worried about, I was sure Harry could handle himself but it was still a threat.

"May, come out with us and just don't drink. You can have fun and keep us in line and besides we're all on Sunday so you can gloat when we're suffering." Kate smiled and I sighed, I knew there was no way they were going to drop this.

Tommy was still nice, although now I wasn't sure if I wanted nice Tommy considering I was starting to dislike him almost as much as I disliked mean Tommy but he didn't need to know. I had been working all this week and my next day off wasn't until Monday.

"Fine." I finally gave in with a sigh, knowing they'd peer pressured me into this. "Where are we going?"

"I was thinking Republic." Tessa grinned slowly and I chewed my lip as she raised her eyebrows at the three of us.

"Definitely." Kate grinned and I swallowed thickly. There was a high chance Tommy was going to find out about me going.

But if I wasn't drinking, I wasn't doing anything wrong. I just had to keep reminding myself of that.

"Republic? I've never heard of it." Rhiannon admitted.

"Really?" Tessa gasped, "Everyone thinks its owned by the Diamond Snakes but no one actually knows if it, but it's supposed to be the best night out." Tessa grinned and I almost laughed at her admission. If only I could tell her it was owned by the Snakes.

If only I could tell her my boyfriend was a member of the Snakes.

"Why would you want to go to a club owned by criminals?" Rhiannon asked and I stifled a laugh at her, oh she had a lot to learn about Tessa.

"Because there might be criminals there, keep up Rhiannon."

"Why is that a good thing?"

"Because they might be hot. Hello hot criminals?" Tessa said it as if it was the most obvious thing in the world making Kate and I laugh.

"I don't think it works quite like that." I shrugged, knowing that my statement wouldn't change Tessa's opinions but admittedly I could try and get her and Harry together.

"Um May, Tommy Shelby?" Tessa said making the three of us laugh and I shook my head.

"Alright fine, we'll go to Republic and I'll look after you three." I sighed knowing that I couldn't go back on my decisions now. Kate and Tessa squealed and grinned making Rhiannon look at me and I just shrugged back at her.

"Okay, we can all get ready at my uni flat yeah?" Tessa asked and I shifted awkwardly, that wasn't my forte.

"Or at my house? My parents won't bother us." Rhiannon suggested and I shot her a thankful glance as Kate and Tessa agreed.

"I'll get ready at mine and meet you there?" I suggested watching as Kate narrowed her eyes at me, but Rhiannon just shrugged and smiled.

"I'll put my address in the group message and then you can come over say, ten on Saturday night?" Rhiannon suggested and the three of us nodded before dispersing around the café as a customer appeared and I felt the happiness slip away.

I supposed a night out with those three would be fun as long as I was careful and made sure there was no Tommy or Zayn in the club. I'd only been there once before, with Tommy and that didn't end too well.

But if he didn't know then I wasn't doing anything wrong. And I certainly wasn't doing anything wrong if I didn't tell Harry about what I'd heard. But as I smiled at the customer ordering in front of me, I couldn't help the sinking feeling.

I didn't want Harry getting hurt.