ten.

this is so long omg im sorry

+

"So how was your day before I turned up?"

I glanced at Harry to see him pulling himself up onto the counter whilst I counted the second tills change out and I shrugged as I tapped the number on the screen.

"It was good." 

I was still nervous around Harry but I couldn't deny that there was something about him. "We had a staff meeting this morning." I don't know why I told him that.

"Oh yeh'? What did you talk about? Do you guys still open at eight thirty?" Harry rattled off several questions with a pleasant smile on his face and I could tell that he was happy I was engaging somewhat.

"Just the usual, Christmas really. When I can decorate, when we're going to start the Christmas drinks and food." I shrugged, "And yeah we do why?" I asked referring to our opening time as I waited for the till print out.

"What time was your meeting?" Harry asked.

"Seven thirty."

"Fuck that's early, I was still asleep then." Harry laughed and I bit my lip to conceal my smile as I signed my name on the bottom and folded the paper. "You decorate for Christmas?"

I nodded as I made my way into the office, Harry following close behind me and I swallowed thickly. I wasn't used to this much attention and I couldn't help but like it.

"I love Christmas and I'm the only one out of the four of us who can cut the paper snowflake chains." I explained as I pulled my jacket on and looked up at Harry who was smiling with his bottom lip under his teeth.

"Ready?" I nodded at his question and followed him down the café, flicking the lights off as we walked before turning on the alarm and locking the door behind me.

I was glad it had stopped raining, the weather forecast had been right this morning but it had been wrong when it said the rain was going to hang around all day. It was cold but dry and I could handle that.

"M'parked across the road." Harry spoke as I walked beside him and I just nodded as he neared the curb and I stepped out towards the car I had only been in once.

I flinched as a loud car horn sounded and I glanced over my shoulder as a car passed me standing beside the passenger door of Harry's car.

"Fucking hell May!"

Harry swore loudly making me frown and swallow tightly as he crossed the road, his eyes boring into my own as he walked. I was confused and something in my stomach told me agreeing to hang out was a bad idea.

"You need to check the road before you cross!" Harry scolded and I looked at him confused as he pulled the car door open and I did the same, my eyes drifting to a large dark brown shearling coat crumpled up on the passenger seat.

"Just throw that in the back." Harry muttered rubbing his jaw and I picked it up carefully as I got into the car and twisted over the centre console to gently put his jacket on the backseat before I settled back into the seat, letting the warm air soothe my face.

"May."

If the car hadn't been silent I wouldn't have heard him but I still turned to look at him, chewing my bottom lip as I waited for him to speak again. I was nervous. Very nervous.

"You nearly just got hit by a car."

Harry spoke slowly and I looked at him, blinking a couple of times as I waited to see if he was going to expand on his statement. I was still confused, I was fine?