six.

My eyes drifted around the café as I made the drink for the customer Tessa was busy serving or attempting to serve as he decided what muffin he wanted and I just knew Tessa was regretting mentioning the ten pound free muffin deal.

"Coconut." He finally decided as I finished off his three coffees and placed it on the tray for him and sent him a polite smile knowing that Tessa held the same expression as we watched him walk away.

"Fucking hell." Tessa groaned the moment the customer was out of sight and I cracked a half smile humming in agreement as my eyes drifted around the café and eventually towards the back where as usual a table had several figures sat around it.

I could see half of Tommy's head and the majority of Harry, the latter who caught my eye and sent me a smile and I automatically smiled back at him before turning my head away quickly as I saw Tommy's move in my direction; guilt flooding me.

The aching in my bones has subsided greatly since Tuesday but I knew that was probably down to the fact I'd found some prescription strength painkillers in the bathroom cabinet this morning, hopefully Mum wouldn't miss them.

The bruises were still a stark reminder and I avoided any kind of reflective surface lately, even with my make up as thick and full coverage as always I still felt like it was obvious, as if the bruises were screaming at anyone who looked at me 'Here I am! The colours of her boyfriends love!'

But as painful as work was being and how slow it had been the last two days, I had to admit that Harry was a pretty good work perk. I didn't know why he'd started turning up at my work but he'd been here every day since Monday.

Monday it was with Louis, Tuesday he was with Louis and Niall and Wednesday he was by himself again; just like he was last Wednesday and yesterday he was alone again. Except this time he'd been commandeered by Sarah for the entire time he was here yesterday.

I tried to tell myself that I didn't mind but a tiny part of me deep down was a little bit annoyed that I didn't get to chat to him again. Not that I'd really chatted with him on Monday or any other day of the week except when he took me home but I wasn't sure that really counted.

I hadn't got a lot of sleep last night, there had been a lot of tears again and a lot of confused thoughts about Tommy and Harry. I couldn't get past the feeling that I was doing something wrong but another part of me, a bigger and I hoped a smarter part of told me I was allowed friends.

Not that Harry and I were friends, in any sense of the word. I knew nothing about him bar the fact he didn't like my boyfriend.

And every time I remembered that, the way he'd laughed and said it in the car and winked, the guilt came back. I really shouldn't be friends with someone who didn't like my boyfriend, should I? But then again, it wasn't like we really talked about Tommy. Harry never even used his name.

I wasn't sure if that was for my benefit or his.

"May."

I jumped as a hand jabbed my arm and I blinked rapidly looking at Tessa who was trying to stifle a laugh.

"You should see your face," She laughed, "You're being called." She jabbed her finger towards the back of the café and I swallowed.

"Sorry, I was miles away." I muttered as I rounded the counter, rolling my eyes in good nature as Tessa continued to laugh at my dim nature.

I swallowed as I neared the table, Harry's head lifted towards me the minute I neared and I tried to calm my rapidly beating heart. I considered the café a safe place, for the entire five years our relationship Tommy had never caused a scene here.