sixty six.

I bounced my leg as I sat on the arm of the sofa, my anxiety spiking for no good reason and I pushed myself off the sofa and instead paced around. I was starting to think that I should have said no.

But I knew Harry wanted to go out. It wasn't often he did want to leave the flat, or bed, but it was getting to him and I mean it was only Louis and probably Eleanor. I had nothing to worry about.

I rolled my eyes as I headed into the hall to pull my jacket on as I waited for Harry, who said he'd be two minutes.

Two minutes my still incredibly sore bum.

I didn't realise it was going to hurt almost twenty four hours later but here I was still gingerly having to sit, still having to take paracetamol every few hours but it was good ache, I guess. I mean it wasn't like I was bruised.

I mean, I was but in the best way possible.

I'd spent ten minutes layering foundation all around my throat considering Harry had a mouth like a blood sucking leech until he practically tackled me away from the bathroom mirror in protest, something about 'wanting people to know'.

Boys and their egos.

I didn't even know what Harry was doing upstairs as I returned to perch on the sofa arm and I answered a message from Tessa before pocketing my phone and heading towards my rubber plant sitting on the windowsill.

I rubbed one of the leaves fondly, something Harry had caught me doing the other day and had laughed about, loudly. I couldn't help it, I liked my plants and I liked knowing they had been little babies when I'd bought them and now they were big adults.

It made me feel proud.

I flinched as my phone suddenly started ringing from my pocket and I absentmindedly pulled it out and answered without ever looking away from the window, it was raining. But then again, it was London.

"Hello?" I spoke with slight amusement knowing it would be Tessa most likely with a question about work or a complaint the she was bored.

"May? Don't hang up."

I froze as the voice I hadn't expected to hear on the other end sent fear down my spine and my hand tightened around the phone, my heart rate picking up and I felt sick immediately.

"What do you want?" I hissed, I didn't know why I listened to him, I hated him with every fibre of my being.

"I've made a mistake May, a really big mistake." Tommy stated and I sucked my teeth.

"I want to come back. To the Diamond Snakes, Luke is crazy, properly fucking crazy and I want to be back because he's deranged and I'm sorry, I'm so sorry for everything. You have no idea how sorry I am, everythings gotten out of control and I never wanted this."

"Why are you telling me this?" I snapped, his words picking at my resolve almost immediately and I hated myself.

I was happy and I had Harry and I wasn't fucking sad anymore and I didn't cry anymore and I certainly didn't spend hours covered in bruises any fucking more. So why the fuck was I listening? And why the fuck did I feel guilty?

"Because you're the only one who'll listen." Tommy said and I rolled my eyes, jumping as I heard a sudden bang upstairs and I let out a breath. Harry really needed to watch what he was doing.

"I'm barely listening."

"I know and you have every right to hang up I've been such a fucking dick and I know it, I'm sorry May, truly I am. But if I turn back up at that warehouse then I'll be dead within seconds, god knows Styles would be the one to do it. No one will listen to me and no one will believe me but they'll believe you. You can be the middle ground."