forty six.

"Sorry we're closed!"

I called out immediately once I heard the bell above the door ring and couldn't stop my glance at Tessa considering she was supposed to lock the door when she changed the closed sign.

"Is that your way of telling me to fuck off?"

I looked up at the sound of Harry's voice and smiled automatically, my mood brightening considerably considering I'd basically had the day from hell.

"Hi." I said stupidly making Harry grin and my heart thud.

"Hi yourself. Tessa." Harry greeted the blonde pleasantly and I watched as she sent him a small wave and smile as she continued to listen to whoever was talking her ear off on the other end of the phone.

I chewed my lip as I glanced at Harry to find him watching me and I was wondering if he was waiting for me to say something, what, I didn't know but it wasn't like this was the first time he'd appeared at work this week.

"Sarah's in the office if you wanna say hi, or happy birthday." I announced instead; instead of letting my mind spin as I tried to figure out what it meant, if it even meant anything that Harry had been picking me up from work every evening now.

"Oh shit her birthday is today?"

Tessa snorted as I rolled my eyes and Harry sent her a half hearted glare.

"Yeah, I told you on Saturday when we were shopping." I raised an eyebrow at him watching as he groaned. "I put your name on our card."

I watched Harry's lips stretch into a grin before he pressed a chaste kiss to my cheek and headed into the office.

I finished counting the change in silence, closing the till just as Tessa hung up and I saw her watching me from the corner of my eye as I scribbled my name on the bottom of the printout.

"Is that a thing then?"

Tessa finally broke the silence and I had to admit I was surprised she'd lasted this long, I had assumed she'd have said something the first night Harry appeared. But then again she was hungover on Sunday.

"Is what a thing?" I asked as my eyes drifted to the office door, Harry hadn't reappeared and I didn't know if it was okay to go in or not.

"Don't be a bitch May. You and Harry." Tessa scoffed and I gasped making her laugh.

"I... don't know." I admitted slowly.

Tessa raised her eyebrow as I chewed my lip and shrugged.

"Have you guys fucked yet?"

This girl really had no filter. She'd get on well with Fran.

"Oh my god May you dirty slut! I knew it, I called it first. Kate'll say it was her but it wasn't it was me, I knew you two were gagging for each other." Tessa bragged and I felt my eyes bulge out of my head.

"Stop it. We were friends, we are friends. It's just complicated now I don't know whats going on. Just don't make it obvious to him— or anyone else!" I rushed out as the office door opened and I averted my eyes to Tessa.

"You ready to go?" Harry asked as he lent against the till and I nodded holding up the cash bag so he knew I had that to deposit.

"That's my queue to go thank god, this has been the day from hell. I'll see you tomorrow May, we'll finish our chat too!" Tessa grinned and hopped off the counter just as I passed her heading for the office.

"Yeah yeah whatever. Have a good evening." I called back to her and smiled at Sarah who was still sitting at the desk.

"Oh I'll just take that." I handed Sarah the bag instead of unlocking the safe and smiled.