fifty nine.

"How does he know those officers?"

I glanced at Mum who was leaning in towards me, her voice hushed as we stood together on the pavement and I shrugged half heartedly, my eyes returning to Harry.

"They go to the same gym I think." I lied, my gut twisting at how easily I did so despite the fact Harry and I had just spent an intense morning talking about me lying.

I glanced over my shoulder as a car drove past the street and I did a double take as I thought I recognised the silver four by four, my mouth opening to call for Harry but the car sped past and it was forgotten as Harry approached me.

"Seems like it was just a chance break in." Harry shrugged as he spoke to Mum who frowned at him and I caught the way Harry's eyes darted around the street before glancing at me.

"But why didn't they take anything?" Mum asked and I met PC Atkins eyes.

I had already given him and Ryan my statement and answers to their routine questions, yes I had been at work and got home around six o'clock, yes today was my day off, no I hadn't been home all night.

I didn't know if my statement would make it to the actual police, not that Matt or Ryan weren't real policemen but I knew that this wasn't a random break in and everyone here bar my mother knew that too.

"They might have been looking for something in particular." I suggested considering for the first time in a while Harry didn't have an answer.

"But that must mean they know who we are." I could hear the panic rising in Mum's voice and I cringed as I realised I said the exact wrong thing.

"We're thinking that maybe May has been followed from the café, thinking that she might have brought cash home." Matt stepped in and I gave him a grateful smile as Mum shook her head.

I caught Harry's look and I swallowed as I gave Mum's arm a quick squeeze.

"I should go to the café, make sure that everythings alright there and let Sarah know." I lied.

"Dressed like that?"

"Okay thanks Mum, love you too." I retorted immediately making Harry snort and me glare at him. "Can I go up?"

"Yes, everythings been processed. Someone will be in touch soon with any news or follow up questions." Ryan smiled and Mum and I nodded.

I didn't even bother to ask Harry to follow me considering he took hold of my hand before I'd even taken my first step and I left Mum to badger Matt and Ryan on the front door step. My entire body was shaking as I climbed the stairs, my heart thudding as my eyes landed on my open door.

I could feel tears pushing at my eyes as I looked as broken photo frames and all my plants spread across the floor, broken pots leaving shards of ceramic dotted over the floor.

"Fuck." I murmured as I pulled my hand out of Harry's and ran a hand through my hair and attempted to pick up all the dangerous pieces.

"Sunshine," Harry trailed off and I looked up at him from my crouched position. "Go take a shower and get ready, I'll clean up."

I opened my mouth to protest only to shut it as he gave me a look I recognised from this morning and I nodded. I faltered as I stared at my open drawers, why had they gone through my clothes?

I shook my head and grabbed some clean underwear and a pair of jeans and left my room, very aware that Harry was watching my every move. I let out a very large and shaky breath as I turned the heat up on the shower and turned the water on.