thirty three.

"Would you date Tessa?"

"Probably not, no."

"Why not?"

I chewed the side of my thumb as I lent back in the chair I was occupying next to Harry taking the moment of hesitation from him to flick my eyes around the café to make sure I wasn't needed whilst I was on my break.

Harry hadn't told me he would be coming into work today but by now I guessed I really should just assume he'd be here. But then again, if I did that and he didn't turn up I'd be disappointed so I suppose it was good to have him always be a welcome surprise.

As expected work had been busy the last few days, boxing day especially considering everyone was out at shopping up a storm in the sales but Harry had been here every day which in our short friendship I now think is a record.

"Dunno, s'not my type I guess." Harry rubbed his jaw as he finally answered me as I played with my necklace.

I was staying true to my thoughts from Christmas; Harry would be a wonderful boyfriend. Now I just needed to find someone for him, the idea of Tessa was an easy one. She already thought he was hot and she was lovely and pretty.

They'd make an attractive couple. And I wanted Harry to be happy.

"Are you gay?" I blurted.

My face heated as Harry stared at me with pursed lips my embarrassment only intensifying when someone laughed from behind me and I turned slightly to see Louis and a girl I didn't know holding his hand. His girlfriend I assume.

"I'd like to see that. Afternoon May, 'Arold." Louis grinned as he plopped onto the sofa seat opposite our chairs and I smiled my greeting as Harry grunted.

"El this is May, May this is Eleanor my girlfriend." Louis introduced us and I smiled as I turned my attention to the brunette opposite me, Louis was punching above his weight.

"Hi, it's nice to meet you. Did you order?"

"It's nice to meet you too! I've heard a lot about you." Eleanor smiled as Louis nodded and I frowned.

"'Arry." Louis explained with a wave of his hand before confirming that they had ordered drinks. "So 'Arold are you gay?"

Harry glared at his friend before turning to me again, "No I'm not bloody gay. You should know m'not."

My face heated as his words ignited the fire in my brain from Monday night. It seemed like months ago now but it was only the beginning of the week.

"What's that meant to mean?" Louis asked curiously.

"Nothing." I answered quickly, too quickly judging by the smirk on Louis' face before he glanced at Eleanor and winked.

"So why don't you want to date Tessa?" I asked going back to chewing my thumb. "She's really lovely and very pretty and I know for a fact she thinks you're hot."

"God knows why." Eleanor joked.

"Hey!" Harry snorted making me laugh nodding at Eleanor who smiled back at me. "I told you Sunshine, she's not my type."

"She's blonde and skinny she's exactly your type." Louis drawled and I glanced at Harry with a look. "Honestly May you should see his past fucks, its like a rotating line of the same girl."

"Not anymore." Harry waved his hand dismissively as Susan approached with Louis and Eleanor's drinks and I gave her an easy smile. We won't be keeping her on after the festive season.