fifty seven.

SORRY FOR NOT WRITING AND SORRY THIS IS SO LONG x
—————————-

I hadn't seen Harry in days.

Seven days in fact and I was pretty sure that this was the longest we'd gone since I'd known him.

I hadn't seen Niall or Louis or even Francesca either, none of them had come into work and it had quickly become clear that they only came in because of Harry and I wasn't actually a friend, just someone they put up with because of Harry.

And if Harry didn't want me, none of them did. I was alone again.

Alone and going through the motions once more, and if mum had noticed she hadn't said anything but she wasn't around all that much lately either.

The Christmas rush was over at work and the school holidays were coming to an end so Kate and Tessa were getting ready to go back to Uni and I was alone at work for the quiet days.

I wasn't doing anything either; I wasn't watching TV, I couldn't watch the Office without Harry. I couldn't go running so I was back to doing five hundred sit ups on my bedroom floor during the night and bruising my spine but it wasn't like I had anyone to notice.

It was just me and myself again and as often as that happens I still wasn't used to it and part of me wanted to hate Harry.

Hate him for how good he was at worming his way into my life all those months ago, convincing me that it was different and he was my life now; only to leave without a proper goodbye, just a threat and I was back to square one.

I found myself a ghost, standing watching and waiting in the front window hoping that the familiar black car will appear and Harry would be crossing the road in seconds with his long strides stony faced until he reaches me and then, the heart wrenching butterfly exploding smile I loved so much would be there.

But it hadn't happened and I was just a ghost standing in the dark with the moonlight dancing over my wet eyes.

I rubbed at my eyes as I as pulled the curtains shut and flicked the lights off as I headed upstairs,  Mum was at work again and wasn't going to be back until the morning and I had tomorrow off but I had zero urge to do anything with my free evening, hence going to bed at nine thirty.

+

I jerked awake suddenly, my hand clutching at my covered chest as my heart hammered and I looked around my dark bedroom wildly.

I rubbed at my eyes as my slow brain realised it was my phone ringing and my hands grabbed around under my pillow.

My hand finally touched the cold metal slab and all noise immediately ceased and I frowned as I saw that I'd missed a call from Louis.

Louis?

Of all people, why was he ringing me at two am? I sighed and dropped my phone back onto my pillow and rolled back over. It must have been a wrong number.

I flinched as the shrill ringing echoed through my room once more and I grabbed my phone quickly considering I hadn't even closed my eyes yet.

"Hello?"

"Fuckin' finally May!" Louis's loud voice reverberated around my quiet head and I cringed as incredibly loud music drowned him out through the phone line.

"Louis? I can't hear you." I tried to explained as I sat up and rubbed my face.

"You need to come to Republic, 'Arry's fuckin deranged." Louis shouted and I frowned.