three.

I stared at the undisturbed phone laying in front of me on the table, I couldn't stop worrying about Tommy and what had happened. But it wasn't like I hadn't tried to make it better, I had to remember that. I had called and called but the calls kept ringing out before switching to voicemail.

It was then I knew Tommy had switched off his phone, and even then when he did turn it back on the text messages I'd sent had been left on read and I knew not to try anymore.

The read in tiny dark letters was Tommy's way of telling me to leave him alone and I couldn't wrap my head around how and what had gone so wrong last night. It probably didn't help that I'd had one of the worst nights sleep last night, not that I generally slept well anyway.

I shook my head in attempt to clear my mind and relax as I felt the start of tears in my eyes and I really didn't think it would be appropriate to start crying in the middle of the café, let alone my workplace.

I was just struggling to work out what I'd done wrong this time, I knew it was my fault. It always is but honestly I could not work it out. I groaned as I ran my hands through my hair the best I could without ruining the bun and let my head rest in them.

"May?"

I jumped at the sound of my name and looked up immediately to find Harry peering down at me, concern clear across his face as the hair on my arms stood up involuntarily as I remembered how angry he'd been at me the night before.

I glanced around the café quickly only to be disappointed when I found that Harry was alone and I tightened my hand around my phone subconsciously.

"Hi." I finally muttered responding to him, unable to stop my mind from running a mile a minute as I tried to figure out if this was a Tommy test. If he'd sent Harry to lay down the law knowing that I didn't know Harry and that meant I didn't know what he was capable of.

That was something that would amuse Tommy.

"Can I join you?" Harry asked as he gestured to the empty seat opposite me and I nodded instead of answering verbally, unsure if that was the right answer.

"Are you on your break?" He asked and I was aware of his eyes trained on my face.

I glanced around the café again before nodding once more.

"How are you?" Harry asked, not at all seeming to be put off by my lack of verbal responses and I swallowed tightly as I felt a small flick of irritation somewhere inside of me at all the questions he was asking.

"I'm fine thanks, yourself?" I responded knowing that I should at least be polite. If I was polite then Harry wouldn't get mad at me, or at least not as mad at me. I didn't know what made Harry mad, he could be completely different from Tommy.

I doubted it though.

"Been better." Harry shrugged and I watched as his eyes finally moved off my face and around the cafe. I couldn't help but take his distraction for granted and let my eyes roam across his face, my heart picking up its pace whenever he was near.

From this proximity I could see that he a thick scar right through his left eyebrow and a couple of small scars on his chin. He had a couple of moles but no freckles that I could see. The light stubble made him look older than he did when I'd first met him.

Green eyes burnt into my own and I swallowed thickly, flinching away as I'd been caught staring. His deep pink almost red lips twisted up slightly as I looked away from him and tried to ignore the hammering in my heart as I told myself Tommy was the only person I found attractive.