forty eight.

"Milk, darker than mine."

Harry answered for me once it became clear I wasn't going to speak.

I didn't think I could answer her. There were words inside my head but they weren't in order and didn't match to one and another and I wasn't quite sure what was happening to me.

It was like I was watching my body and everyone else in the room from above. Like I wasn't in my body.

I was vaguely aware of Lisa handing the baby to Harry as my eyes drifted around, Lisa nudging the other child out of the way and Paul shifting closer to me forcing me to lean back into Harry more.

I didn't want him near me.

I didn't know who he was, a man with a new family, another family. And Harry. The man who was supposedly better than Harry's own biological Father and I truly wondered how shit his actual Dad was then.

A smacking sound echoed slightly and I turned to face Harry instantly, as if I was waiting for the pain only to watch as the baby, Ruby, hit him again causing a smile to bloom on his face.

"Okay ouch Peach, I've got all the attention you could ever want right now." Harry hummed as he pretended to bite the fingers Ruby was shoving in his mouth, the child giggling and blowing spit bubbles before her attention drifted to me.

"Your half sister May. She's two, you always wanted a sibling." Paul piped up and my eyes snapped to him just as his wife groaned and slapped his shoulder with a frown on her face.

"Honestly? The girls just had the shock of her bloody life and here you are telling her she should be calling Ruby her half sister. You have all the grace of a bull in a china shop honestly Paul." Lisa scolded.

I bit my lip as Harry snorted at the pair. I blinked as I realised Lisa was holding out a mug for me and I took it carefully.

"Thank you." I spoke quietly watching as she smiled back at me.

"You are most welcome sweetheart, come, lets all go sit down." Lisa gestured for us to move and went to take Ruby back from Harry only for Harry to protest and I watched as Lisa glared at him before making a pointed look at me.

I swallowed thickly as I gripped my mug in one hand and Harry's hand in the other as we moved into their lounge and Harry and I sat on one sofa together whilst Lisa, Paul and their children squeezed into the other.

I sipped my tea quietly as silence covered us only with the occasional babbles from Ruby and I was aware of Paul's eyes watching my every move. I didn't remember him being so attentive, in fact I'd tried pretty hard not to remember him at all.

"So May how did you and Harry meet?"

Lisa broke the silence once more and I was almost tempted to keep count but my thoughts were interrupted by Harry's groan alongside me as he shifted to drape his arm over the back of the sofa.

"You know how." Harry muttered making Lisa tut and me frown. He'd talked about me?

"Yes, but I want to hear it from May because I bet she thought you were a right nonce when she met you."

I couldn't stop the laugh from bubbling out of my chest as Harry gave a soft indignant hey at Lisa's statement. Harry was right, in spite of everything; Lisa was lovely and I couldn't be mad nor dislike her.

Paul on the other hand, well.

"Um he came into my work one day with my boyfriend, ex boyfriend and thats it really." I shrugged lamely, that really was it.