eighteen.

Pain.

That's all there was, a throbbing headache and an aching feeling in the back of my dry throat.

I stumbled out of bed groaning as the movement made my head thump and I blinked several times as some sun rays shone under my curtains and I sat back down on my bed as I searched for my phone.

Without any luck, I frowned and glanced around my room spotting the bag I'd used last night on my bedside table and I reached out to grab it, noticing the two paracetamols on the bare wood as well and I smiled to myself at how smart I'd been.

My smile faded when I realised I had missed my alarm and was due at work in twenty five minutes and I pushed off my bed and rushed into the bathroom, trying to ignore all of my nausea as I shoved my tangled hair up into a bun and stepped into the shower.

+

"So much for gloating huh?"

I glared at Tessa as she appeared in the doorway to the café, I had only been a manager for six days but I wished I had been the one with a staggered starting time but alas I had been in the café at eight fifty two, only twenty two minutes later than I should have been.

At least Kate had to start at nine thirty so I wasn't on my own suffering too long, Tessa looked almost as bad as I did, Kate somehow managed to look presentable and we were yet to see Rhiannon's state.

Considering it had been her first time out, we were expecting the worst, although she hadn't called in 'sick' yet which was surprising.

The café hadn't been quiet but it also hadn't been a rush either and judging by the looks on both Tessa and Kate's faces they wished it was dead.

I did too, I also felt like I was dead.

"So you and Harry huh?" Tessa spoke to me, drawing me out of my thoughts from where we were leaning against the counter watching the café whilst Kate was on her break in the office.

"What?"

I looked at her with furrowed brows. I vaguely remembered seeing Harry last night, or at least I think it was him. It was dark and I was quite drunk but I had waved at him and he'd waved back, and I figured that if it wasn't Harry, he wouldn't have.

"You left with him." Tessa told me as if I was stupid and I licked my lips, "Or rather he made you go home, said you were too drunk after you told us all about your best friend who hated you." Tessa laughed and I paled.

"Francesca." I muttered, rubbing my face. 

I hadn't been up to getting ready properly after my shower considering I had been running incredibly late and I'd also been sick which ended up with me only wearing some concealer and mascara to work.

"When did you leave?" I asked, wondering what time I'd left with Harry.

I didn't remember them tagging along.

"Like two hours after you." Tessa shrugged.

"What time did I go?" I asked wide eyed, my voice barely above a whisper considering anything louder than that made my head throb, although the paracetamol I eagerly swallowed this morning had been a big help.

"Not a hundred percent but I think it was about two am." Tessa informed me, that made why I was so tired explainable.

"So how do you know a member of the Di-"

Tessa stopped talking just as Kate reappeared and a customer approached the till and I stepped forward smiling politely before my eyes rested on who was standing there and I felt a fresh wave of nausea roll over me.