fourteen.

"It's early."

I hummed in amusement at Tessa's protest as she groaned loudly as she laid across the table and I took a sip of my coffee as I watched Sarah appear from the office with a bunch of paperwork, a bright smile on her face as she joined the three of us.

"Chin up Tessa." Sarah laughed as she sat and Tessa just groaned and sat up properly. "I've been up since five thirty so you know nothing, child." Sarah laughed and I finished off my second coffee in silence.

"Alright so I know it's not the fifteenth but it is exactly one month until Christmas." Sarah started speaking and I crossed my legs as I lent back in my chair listening. "Which by the way, May, the café looks fantastic. You've outdone yourself this year."

That was nicer than what Tommy had said about it, and I felt my face heat as I smiled, "It was fun, thank you."

"Yeah cause she had help from that hot dude." Kate snorted making Tessa laugh in agreement and I rolled my eyes in good nature, I sometimes had no idea how any of us actually got work done considering they were both the most immature people I knew.

"Tommy?" Sarah asked.

"Fuck no." Tessa snorted, and I swallowed as I tried not to let the guilt eat me. "Tommy's not even that attractive, sorry May," Tessa apologised when I looked at her and I shrugged, not bothering to defend him. "Harry helped."

"My Harry?" Sarah asked and I felt my stomach lurch.

"Wasn't there a point to this meeting?" I asked, trying to change the subject, I didn't like how Sarah had referred to Harry as hers and I definitely didn't like how my body had reacted.

"Okay touchy." Tessa mumbled making Kate snort and I shook my head in amusement.

"Yes there is, thank you May." Sarah smiled as she pulled something out of a file she'd brought out and slid it across the table making me frown as I looked down at it.

It was another name badge, more specifically it was another name badge for me, and I frowned harder as I read it. My name and the word Manager. That was the only thing that was different.

"I don't understand..." I trailed off as I looked up at Sarah, glancing between Kate and Tessa who both had knowing smiles on their faces and I looked back at Sarah.

"I would like you to be the manager. I've already asked these two if they'd be okay with it and they are. You've been pretty much running this place as a manager anyway but now you'd actually be paid for it. I'm looking to take a step back, or at least a step back over Christmas,"

"Both Kate and Tessa are going to take on some extra hours, to step up into the role of supervisors especially over Christmas because they're both off for three weeks." Sarah explained and I looked at her slightly dumbfounded.

"You already had this made?" I asked, referring to the name badge I had picked up and Sarah shrugged.

"I assumed you'd just say yes. And you deserve it." Sarah laughed slightly and I chewed my lip as I nodded, the realisation dawning on me that I was a manager now.

"Holy shit." I laughed, forgetting myself briefly as Kate and Tessa grinned at me.

"Alright great. Now the second thing we needed to chat about was the holiday hires." Sarah changed the topic as I switched out my badges on my lanyard and I smiled to myself, I couldn't wait to tell Harry about this.