twenty three.

The hot water burned at my skin but I didn't care, I could barely feel anything so it was just nice to feel this. I couldn't remember how long I'd been in here, it had to have been bordering on the same amount of time as the one I had last night when I'd finally got home.

I could still feel his weight pressing down on me, I could feel his touch lingering on my arms, on my cheek, on my lips and I hated it. I was scrubbing and scrubbing but it wasn't working and I turned to the water dial to increase the temperature instead.

The sudden ringing of my doorbell shocked me and I jumped, almost slipping on the wet tiles of the shower as my heart raced.

It probably wasn't Tommy, I'd received a text message from him that contained no indication he would be coming over, and I doubted it was Mum. I'd heard her leave for work this morning.

I supposed it could either be one of her friends or Mrs Baxter from next door, and to be honest I really didn't feel like dealing with either of those options so I ignored the bell as it rang again.

And again.

I jumped once more as I heard knocking on the door and I realised they weren't going away. I slowly turned off the water and stepped out as carefully and painlessly as I could but considering I had just been washing blood down the drain, it wasn't very painless.

I shivered as I wrapped the towel around me and crept out of the bathroom towards my room, that was the only downside of houses built like these; the bathroom was at the back of the house.

I crept towards the window in my bedroom aware that I was dripping water all over my bedroom floor as I peered out the window. I could feel my heart racing and for a brief moment I was terrified that it was going to be him standing there.

But I knew the tall figure and curly hair standing on my porch anywhere and I chewed my lip as I thought about ignoring Harry. I wasn't in the mood to socialise with anyone, I had decided that I just needed to pretend last night never happened.

But the pain in my lower half was almost making that impossible.

I sighed and jerked away from the window as I saw Harry's head tilt up and the best I could do was to let him know I was sick or something. I rifled through my unmade bed to find my phone, frowning as I saw I had two missed calls and five unread texts from Harry.

Deciding I could deal with reading them later, I opted for pressing the call button straight away.

"May? Are you okay?" Harry's voice filled my ear instantly as I slowly trailed back to the bathroom, I didn't fancy having to mop up my bedroom if I didn't have to.

"I'm fine." I said, like I'd realised on Thursday, I was liar.

"Why aren't you answering the door? Or my texts?" Harry asked and I frowned as I avoided my reflection.

"I was in the shower."

"Oh."

"Yup." I licked my lips as I held my phone to my ear with my shoulder as I pulled on clean underwear and a pair of leggings. "Do you need something?" I finally asked.

"Can I come in?"

I shut my eyes as I sat on the closed toilet, I really didn't want to have to see anyone and Harry always seemed to know when something was wrong and I definitely could not tell him about what happened.

I was too scared to anyway, I didn't want to see the disgust and hatred on his face when I told him. But part of me was telling me Harry was what I needed, not just today but always. I ignored that part.