fifty two.

I returned into the hospital wing with my phone securely on silent and in my pocket, Harry hadn't given me a chance to reply but I had the time to treasure the fact he'd called me love.

The bell of the lift rang through the small area and I looked up over the desk to see Harry step out. His eyes darting everywhere except me and I let mine move over him.

As usual his jeans were as dark as the night and made his legs look as long as spiders, and I guessed Harry would be intimidating to anyone who didn't know him.

The grey hoodie adorning his upper body only served to make him look cuddly to me and I had to control my smile as his green pools met mine and a dimpled grin broke out on his face.

"You must have broken several laws on the way here." I muttered, raising an eyebrow at him as he shrugged and lent over the desk to kiss me quickly.

"Good evening to you too Sunshine." Harry drawled before leaning against the desk, watching me.

"How was work?" Harry asked just as Claire and Mum reappeared, the latter giving Harry a bright smile and me a pointed look.

"Alright," I half heartedly answered Harry before rolling my eyes at Mum.

It was actually pretty shit Harry but I can't tell you that because you'll ask why and then you'll end up worrying.

"Hi Harry, how are you?" Mum asked politely as Claire joined me behind the desk and shuffled through some paperwork whilst Harry conversed with my Mother much to my dismay.

"Oh yes! You're the demanding boyfriend who told us about May's burn." Claire suddenly spoke and I cringed at the use of boyfriend.

"That's me." Harry responded easily making my heart thud, "Harry."

"Claire, nice to meet you properly. How is your burn by the way?" Claire redirected her attention to me and I shrugged.

"Mostly healed." I smiled at Claire just as Mum gasped and I almost rolled my eyes at how dramatic both her and Claire were these days.

"Harry! Have they been cleaned?" Mum practically scolded Harry and I frowned as I looked over him just as Harry flexed his fist and I chewed my lip as he shrugged.

"I can do it." I muttered, practically racing to cut the interaction between Harry and Mum short. I couldn't explain it but something about it was unsettling me.

"You know where the rubbing alcohol and cotton buds are." Mum told me after regarding me for a moment. "Can you remember how to?"

"Not the first time she's done it for me. Sunshine would make a good nurse." Harry gave me a lopsided grin as Claire chuckled lightly making my face heat.

"When?" Mum asked curiously. "How did you do that Harry?"

"Only once, at a party." I shrugged once I'd gotten the cleaning supplies. "He boxes."

Technically it wasn't a lie, it was just stretching the truth a little bit but it wasn't like Mum was ever going to find out the actual truth. No harm, no foul.

"You guys can go out on the roof if you want, you don't have to hang around us oldies." Claire suggested and I looked at Harry for an answer who just shrugged making me purse my lips.

"You can go home, you don't have to hang around sweetheart." Mum suggested again and I shook my head. "If you're sure."

I nodded for Harry to follow me as I made sure I still had the key card in my pocket and made my way towards the emergency exit door with Harry in tow aware of eyes following our every move.