Surprise, Surprise

January 9, 2018
Location: LA
Time: 6:30am
Quavo's POV
The past few days have been nothing but hard work.I've been working on 'She for keeps' with Nicki and have also been helping Jacques with his Astroworld album while also been working on other music and features.

D and I have barely been able to call or text or facetime with the time difference from Houston and LA and our schedules going in different ways and—everything's been hectic but today I flew in earlier this morning to shoot the she for keeps video while being able to surprise D with the help of her parents.

I went straight from the jet to a flower shop then to her house.Once I got there, I knocked on the door nervously because I haven't seen her in over a week.

"Hi how you doing?" I ask as her pops opens the door.

"I'm doing alright son," He laughs shaking my hand and bringing me into a hug.

"She's still sleeping right?" I ask as I walk further inside.

"Yes," her dad replies closing the door behind me, "she's upstairs the last room on your left."

"Thank you sir," I say before going up the stairs with the bouquet of roses.

I follow the directions he gave me.I walk to the last room on the left and open the door to see her peacefully asleep in her king sized bed.

I put the roses on her dresser and sit on the side of her bed next to her.

"Babe..babe.." I shake her thigh trying to wake her up.

"Mmmmhhhh.." She groans as she turns over.

She looks up at me not realizing what's happening before rubbing her eyes and sitting up.

"Qua?!" She laughs as she lunges towards me; hugging me tightly.

"What are you doing here?!" She laughs more.

"I had a video to shoot here and got up early to fly here earlier to come and surprise you," I explain.

"I missed you!" She shouts before wiping her tears.

"I know, I had to come see you.." I trail off wiping her tears.

"Who let you in though?"

"Ya pops."

"Oh.." She trails off, "damn I missed you," She sighs hugging me again.

***
"What's been going on though, haven't talked to you in like two days.." She says.

I was walking around her room looking at her baby pictures and family pictures as she talked to me from her closet.

"Been working with Jac on Astroworld and some features with some other artists and been helping Cardi out with her debut album and— what's been going on with you huh?"

"Been in the studio for the past two days and I shot the Icy girl remix video with Kehlani yesterday and later on tomorrow i'm going to New York to see Bels," she explains before walking out her closet in a sweatshirt, shorts and sneakers, "and just..what?" She chuckles looking up at me.