The End

November 28, 2018
Location: ATL
Time: 8am

"First off congratulations," The interviewer says to me.

"Thank you," I smile looking around at everybody.

"So, girl or boy?" She asks.

"I'm not saying!" I laugh, "We want it to be a surprise to the world because it definitely was a surprise to us.. well him," I laugh making her laugh.

Even on holidays i'm working. It's been almost two weeks since I found out that Qua and I were having a baby girl. And a week since we told the world.

"So I remember when you were turning down all those rumors about weight gaining and saying it's happy weight and saying you and Quavo weren't having kids any time soon.. what .. happened?" She laughs making me laugh hard.

"Uhhh," I laugh, "I just didn't want people in our business. Especially because this is my first pregnancy. Our first pregnancy. I wanted to experience this drastic change in my life privately and happily without being attacked for like 'ruining my career' and 'being stupid' and blah blah blah.." I explain.

"Mmhm," She nods, "You wanted to keep everything to a minimum. The comments. The drama. Backlash. Hate."

"Right, but then I started getting bigger and y'all was like 'nah this bitch pregnant as hell'!" I laugh making her laugh.

"How's the pregnancy going by the way how far along are you?" She asks.

"I'll be four months tomorrow, and it's been really good lately. A little rocky in the beginning but i'm a trooper so i'm pushing through it!" I laugh making her laugh.

"So I wanna know, how did you find out.. who were the first to know.. all girl! Tell us all!" She laughs making me laugh.

"Okay so it was my birthday. And I had a girls trip to Jamaica with all my closest friends. We were there for three days and I just remembered being like really sick. But I didn't find out until three weeks after. I woke up and was like 'I need to take a pregnancy test' like I missed my period.. I think i'm pregnant."

"Just like that?" She asks.

"Well no," I laugh, "Cardi and Hennessy who I spend 99% of the time with, came to me with a pregnancy test because they just had a feeling I was pregnant so," I explain before fixing my posture, "We went in my bathroom and I took it. Let me tell you sis, it was the longest five minutes of my life!" I laugh making her laugh, "we all stood around the bathroom just talking until we seen the test and it said pregnant on it."

"So they were the firsts to know.." She smiles making me smile.

"Yes," I nod, "Then we called Qua and the guys because mind you they were out of state they were in New York for tour, so I called him before the show and just said 'Babe I'm pregnant. Hennessy and Cardi are with me, and I took it and it said i'm pregnant'".

"I bet his reaction was like crazy!"

"He was crying. Which made us cry. Which made the guys tear up. It was a moment I will never forget though. He was soo happy. He was like speechless at first but then he was like 'I just want you to know i'm in this for the long run. You won't ever have to worry about anything. I got you and I mean that.' and then the guys were like this means you gotta go ten times harder and that's facts. We BOTH gotta go ten times harder now that we got a baby on the way."

"Awwwww that is so cute. It's eight in the morning and this woman has me crying!" She laughs before wiping her tears, "I just find that so beautiful. Like I remember reading shaderoom and all the blogs and seeing on social media of when you guys had met and just started dating. Now you've got a baby on the way and it's crazy."

"Yeah, everything the media and the supporters have seen it's been real. From when we met, started hanging out, spending holidays together, popping up at each others events, the break up, till now."

"I love it. I live for it. I am so happy for you two and how far you've both come."

"Thank you," I smile.

"Before we leave, Is there anything you want to say to the people watching, you're a rising star with a baby on the way with Migos member Quavo, what is your response to those who gave you backlash for getting pregnant so early in your career and for 'clout chasing me him?"

"I'm happy," I say, "We're happy. And our happiness is all that matters to us. Im having a baby with my best friend. My lover and all. He's been my rock since day one and there's no one else I could imagine myself with honestly. He's what I've prayed for. Special thanks to Hennessy and Cardi for bringing us together. I love you both with everything in me. Another thanks to our families for being supportive and happy for us. And to his, for treating me like part of the family since day one.. I love you all. To the ones who though me getting pregnant is ruining my career, I don't care. I don't care if my career gets ruined or not. I got everything I ever wanted! God's got me! To my day one fans, thank you for forever supporting me in every decision I've ever made in life and in my career. For supporting my music since I was rapping in my car in between classes and on my way to and from class. For being there for me. Sticking up for me. Allowing me to be able to get my voice further out to the world. Allowing me to be financially stable so young in my life. And sharing my music with ya family and friends. And just rocking with me from day one! Also, to Keith for helping me out my shyness which ultimately allowed me to rap in front of my idol J. Cole and being my friend since high school. I believe everything happens for a reason. Every choice and decision you've made leads you to this very second, this moment. And I believe it was God's plan for us to have a baby and if it wasn't I wouldn't be in this position as of now."

"This was hot 107.9 radio station kicking it with the beautiful Saweetie and you're listening to High Maintenance."

——
unedited **